Talk

Advanced search

Brothers ex told me she hopes my baby dies

(4 Posts)
MazMcG Thu 11-Jun-20 17:56:18

Hi,

So basically, my brother and his ex have had an extremely volatile relationship for the past 3+ years (they were together for a little over a decade). Several times they've had bad fallings out and she ALWAYS drags me into it. I've forgiven her for threats to hurt me and spreading vicious lies about me twice before, but recently she called me to tell me her and my brother had fought again, and I told her she shouldn't be ringing me as I'm pregnant and this is very stressful for me, her response to me was "I hope your baby dies, you dirty slapper".

She then ended the call and I became hysterical. She claims that she said that about my baby because I called her daughter a b*stard, but thankfully the phone call had been recorded and I was able to send the recording to my brother to prove I said no such thing.

Recently a friend of mine lost her baby at 38 weeks pregnant, and that was playing on my mind enough, but I've found even since that phone call I'm unable to enjoy my pregnancy. Every time someone brings up the topic of my baby, I want to cry and I keep thinking "what if he doesn't make it?". I know what she said was only words and they can't actually affect the outcome of my pregnancy, but I don't know how to stop feeling this way. Has anyone got any advice as to how I can feel strong again? My brother has sworn he won't go back near her again after that.

I honestly cannot stress enough how awful of a person this girl is, she's constantly starting fights with people and causing drama and just trying to destroy peoples lives. I've blocked her number from my phone so that she can't contact me, as after the call she proceeded to send me threatening texts, followed by her brother leaving me a voicemail threatening my partner.

OP’s posts: |
GrumpyHoonMain Thu 11-Jun-20 17:58:10

Call the police. You have enough evidence for a restraining order

sel2223 Thu 11-Jun-20 18:03:52

Wow! She sounds lovely hmm

I know it's easier said than done but you really have to try and not let her get to you OP. I would be completely blocking her and all her family on all social media, email, phone etc etc.
Your brother listened to the call and knows she is lying so he should be cutting all contact and supporting you too.
Who has time for toxic drama like that?

crazychemist Thu 11-Jun-20 18:14:28

Crickey, she’s batshit! Don’t answer her, there is no reason for her to speak to you. Completely cut her off, you don’t need this drama. I hope you feel better soon, it’s very easy to get worked up during pregnancy, please try to distract yourself and hopefully it’ll be out of your mind soon. Try not to dwell on it, there’s no reason to think there’s anything wrong with your pregnancy just because a crazy woman says something horrible.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in