Talk

Advanced search

Advice, can't go on much longer!

(13 Posts)
ellieellie44 Tue 09-Jun-20 22:45:07

Hi, I'm 36+3, and have been told that I'm in early slow labour and 2-3cm dilated, I have been in early slow labour for 2 weeks now though. I have had both steroid injections to help baby's lungs, and I'm now having horrifically strong contractions every 10 minutes or so, and baby's movements are reduced, he's still moving though and apparently heart tracings and stuff look fine. I'm just so fed up, I don't know why I'm posting this I'm just wondering if there's a way I can speed things up. I honestly just want the baby out now, I've had the steroids and I understand it's not ideal for him to come out now but I am honestly in agony, I'm mentally exhausted from worrying and I'm physically exhausted from barely sleeping due to the worrying and contractions. I can barely eat because I feel under the weather most of the time. I just feel like I'm contracting like crazy and I'm getting absolutely nowhere, feel like crying at this point, my actual cervix feels sore everytime I go to the toilet it feels like my insides are going to collapse out of my cervix. Is there anything I can do, I'm in agony constantly I'm so so tired and so worried and it really is beginning to affect my mental health, I already have existing mental health issues (depression anxiety and ptsd) I'm young so don't get taken seriously to be fair. I've posted previously about reduced movements but just want the baby out now I can't take anymore

OP’s posts: |
NameChange30 Tue 09-Jun-20 22:49:56

flowers
Are you at home atm or in hospital being monitored?
Perhaps you could ask for a c-section? Ask to talk to the supervisor of midwives and explain how you're feeling?

NameChange30 Tue 09-Jun-20 22:50:24

(Supervisor of midwives or consultant midwife or whatever the job title is.)

lockdownpregnancy Tue 09-Jun-20 22:52:32

I'd get yourself to hospital OP and demand something be done to help you. I'd flat out refuse to leave as well, as even though you're not very dilated you clearly need something to help you, mentally and physically.
Call your maternity assessment unit and get yourself there ASAP.
Hope you're ok 🥰

ellieellie44 Tue 09-Jun-20 22:53:21

I was in hospital until the other day, and they discharged me saying to just take codeine and paracetamol at home but it honestly does not even touch the pain no matter if I take them separately or take them at the same time. They won't do anything to help me with anything and just keep fobbing me off, I've cried to them, begged them to help, I've said I'll take anything at this point to just get the baby out, I even need to have a 24hour ecg as I'm having pregnancy related palpitations, just feels like one thing after another and they're just so unwilling to help, they say that because I'm 36+3 they're not doing anything and want to leave it until at least 38-39 weeks, surely they can't leave me that long in this amount of pain and worry it just feels like torture @NameChange30

lockdownpregnancy Wed 10-Jun-20 08:35:22

My god! Which hospital are you under?
I understand that they would rather wait until your 38 weeks, as of course it's safer, but I'm sorry but the fact that you are suffering in a huge way, I can't believe they just fobbed you off and sent you home!
Seriously OP, just turn up and refuse to leave! If you have palpitations then you could collapse! Hopefully you won't, but you might!!
Your baby is cooked now so you're good to go with a small risk. My friend gave birth to a 7lb baby girl at 36 weeks and she was fine.
Get yourself back to hospital. Don't call ahead to go!
❤️❤️❤️

Marybird Wed 10-Jun-20 12:21:53

Here is a link to the Better Births report - tell a midwife you know your rights and that you need help:

www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/national-maternity-review-report.pdf

Go to page 44. You have the right to personalised care - they absolutely have to listen to you, you know your body - they don't.

This is a relevant quote: 'Once a woman has made her decisions, she should be respected and the services should wrap around her.'

I had a horrendous time in my pregnancy and I didn't use my voice (or know how to really). Even if they make you wait until 37 weeks to be induced - you can stay in hospital from now. You do not have to leave. Tell them you are worried and that you need their help. Make them write this down in your notes.

Sending lots of love!!! Hurry up baby xx

ellieellie44 Wed 10-Jun-20 19:00:39

They're inducing me by pessary between 38 and 39 weeks if he's not here by himself, they want him to stay in for a bit longer, but then have said that if he comes by himself before then then that's fine🙄is there any way I can get him moving along a bit faster and get him here quicker so he can come by himself? @NameChange30@lockdownpregnancy@Marybird I'm willing to try ANYTHING I just want to at least try and get him here and get myself more dilated before anything else

lockdownpregnancy Wed 10-Jun-20 19:03:30

Awwwww OP I can't help you! I'm FTM and not quite where you are yet so I have no idea! Hopefully the other mommy's can help you!

Ninkanink Wed 10-Jun-20 19:08:44

Sex is good for stimulating labour, as is playing with nipples and/or sucking them. But that really only works if your body knows it’s the right time.

flowers

Try to relax a little and let your baby choose his time to come into the world (I know that’s much more easily said than done), for now at least.

Hugs. I’m sorry, there’s not a lot else I can say.

Gerdticker Wed 10-Jun-20 19:09:37

Hey lovely, You poor thing.

In terms of speeding up a labour that’s already underway, the best option would be to keep moving; Sit and bounce on a medicine ball, and walk as much as you possibly can.

Try and think of any Position that will encourage gravity to bring baby down on to your cervix. So, stand swaying your hips, crouch down into low squats, that kind of thing

Like everyone else says, if it gets unbearable go back to hospital and demand more help xx

RandomMess Wed 10-Jun-20 19:10:19

When did they last check the reduced movements? That is of concern.

Gin4thewin Wed 10-Jun-20 19:17:06

Dd was born at 35weeks, i was getting bh type pains for about a week prior, didnt hurt, but uncomfortable. Day she was born, i walked and walked and when i couldn't do any more laps of the hospital i got on the birthing ball and just kept bouncing and moving, got the contractions going about 1330, had her at 1800. I wanted nothing more than to sleep as only had 2 hours kip before my waters leaked but i knew theyd stop if i did.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in