Advanced search

Anxious of issues with baby no 2

(4 Posts)
octobersky19 Tue 09-Jun-20 06:06:19


Recently found out on I'm expecting baby no. 2. I had a lovely pregnancy with my first, however I had a C-Section were complications were picked up. I'm quite anxious that none of these were picked up through my many, many growth scans.

I had an elective section due to size, reduced movements, position of baby

I'm also anxious about the likelihood of these things happening again:

Big baby 10lb 1oz at 38+5

Baby was stuck - consultant said during csection that he wouldn't of been able to move into the right position to labour, they needed to use forceps (they cut his head quite badly)

Polyhydrominos - Found during C-Section, they all gasped, consultant was concerned that they only discovered this at this point. It was down as moderate

I am rhesus neg but had the regular anti d injections and two for some bleeds during pg

No gestational diabetes, tho mum and sister are type 1 so aware I'm more at risk

Are these conditions likely to occur again?

I was made to feel horrible for pushing for an elective with my first baby, but I knew something wasn't right. Consultant said I'd made the right decision during the section, I still felt horrible.

I'm so terrified I'll have to go into labour and they'll miss something and something will happen. I somehow grow big babies, I'm just terrified of something going wrong.

Do you think I'm being unreasonable to ask for a c-section if these issues arise? Would baby be monitored with growth scans?

OP’s posts: |
octobersky19 Tue 09-Jun-20 10:22:40

Anyone? X

OP’s posts: |
fedupandlookingforchange Tue 09-Jun-20 10:30:31

You should get a choice of CS or vbac. I had an emcs first time and will have an elcs this time as DH was told as they stitched me up that a baby would never exit from me especially the if I continue to grow big ones!
In all honesty I don't feel great about another cs but I can't do labour again and a cs at the end. As someone put on here a few weeks ago a cs is not the most fun way to spend a morning but its not that bad either.

Colouringinbook Tue 09-Jun-20 10:50:32

I had a big baby (not as big as yours) and I've been referred to a consultant who I'll be seeing at 22 weeks. I'm requesting a C-section this time. I think it's worth having a think about what delivery you'd prefer and discuss the issues with your midwife and discuss what additional monitoring you can access.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in