Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy Constipation

(9 Posts)
mellymoo86 Sun 07-Jun-20 14:40:20

Hi ladies, just wondering what worked for you. I've had constipation from day one, im week 18 now and I'm achey pretty much everyday and yesterday I had bad constipation pain that it made me throw up. I go nearly everyday even if it's a little so it's really annoying me. Fybogel didn't work for me, I can't have lactoluse as I am lactose intolerant so going to call the doctor to see what else they recommend. I'm having loads of water, fruits and veg!!! Arghhhh. I hate it!

OP’s posts: |
Minkies13 Sun 07-Jun-20 14:43:44

Prune juice from Holland and Barrett. Kept me very regular last pregnancy

mellymoo86 Sun 07-Jun-20 14:57:40

@Minkies13 how much did you have?

Minkies13 Sun 07-Jun-20 15:03:13

A glass every day, or 2 glasses if that wasn't enough. First couple of times, the affects would hit me within an hour.

I'm pregnant again and the constipation is back. I've been taking fybogel but it's not working as well so I'm going to swap back to prune juice. Pregnancy constipation is the worst.

mellymoo86 Sun 07-Jun-20 15:53:00

Thank you @Minkies13 I'm now sitting with a glass of prune juice. How many weeks are you?

Billyjoearmstrong Sun 07-Jun-20 16:26:35

I always recommend laxido or movicol (it’s the same stuff, but laxido is the cheaper version).

I’m 27 weeks and have taken two sachets a day since 12 weeks to keep everything moving. If I stop I get horribly constipated again.

Both available over the counter and both safe in pregnancy.

mellymoo86 Sun 07-Jun-20 17:28:01

@Billyjoearmstrong Thank you, ive heard of that. I'll speak to the doctor and see what they say. I've so bloated at the moment I feel like my stomach is about to explode 😢

BabyG123 Sun 07-Jun-20 21:25:13

Peppermint tea

Linseeds

Minkies13 Sun 07-Jun-20 22:11:20

I'm 19 weeks tomorrow. Hopefully it works for you

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in