Talk

Advanced search

Referral for growth scan - 28 weeks

(5 Posts)
hmfair54 Sat 06-Jun-20 11:31:56

Just looking for any similar stories and what the outcome was?

I went for my 28 week mw appointment yesterday and she has referred me for a growth scan as my bump was only measuring 25cm. I know it's not the most accurate way of measuring baby so I'm not too worried but I was just curious as to what some of your stories were and if there was a reason for you measuring small?

OP’s posts: |
Jupiter15 Sat 06-Jun-20 12:26:13

Hi, had growth scans both previous pregnancies because of low BMI and measuring small. Both times scans showed bigger than average babies and both babies were early and still decent sizes. I wouldn’t be too concerned.

Marybird Sat 06-Jun-20 12:36:39

I was sent for growth scans every time I had an appointment from 28 weeks. They kept prepping me that I’d have a tiny baby but he was born at 40 weeks weighing 8lbs! I think sometimes they get it wrong smile xx

clo1992 Sat 06-Jun-20 13:08:09

Try not to worry. I was sent for a growth scan at 30 weeks as baby measuring 2 weeks behind. But on the scan she measured absolutely spot on.
She's still measuring small on the ruler but the scans reassured me and much more accurate.

I'm not particularly big myself and my bumps quite neat so don't no if that makes a difference. I don't think I'm going to have a huge baby but she's certainly not behind x

Cherrytangfastic Sat 06-Jun-20 13:17:10

I was the same a few weeks ago.. measured 25 at 28 weeks. Growth scan showed a large (90-95th centile) oblique baby!

They said that it was his position making the fundal measurement small, my bump was reaching out sideways. Hope all goes well for you

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in