Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

emotional wreck!

(5 Posts)
niceone1 Sat 22-Sep-07 11:42:13

Hi there

I feel silly posting bout this but I am feeling really emotional and tearful (I am ten weeks) and I feel like I am going mad. My fiance is getting angry with me which makes me feel even worse.

My family are on the other side of the world and my mother won't be here when I have the baby, which I am devastated about.

I just don't know how to get through the next 6 months, I feel like some crazy stranger has taken me over!

Thank you for any response

MrsBadger Sat 22-Sep-07 12:07:52

it gets better, I promise!
It's important that both you and he realise it's all due to hormone surges and you aren't actually going mad.

On the practical side, take your fiance to the 12wk scan - it'll help it feel more 'real' to him and hopefully make him more tolerant.
Has he got a decent book he can refer to so he feels involved and informed? The free NHS pregnancy one is pretty good - no-nonsense, easy to understand but not patronising.

Also I guess that you'll formally announce the pregnancy after ther 12wk scan, so colleagues etc will start cutting you a bit of slack, which always helps.

It's a shame your mother can't make it but if there's nothing that can change it there's not much point getting het up or blaming her - you and your chap will manage fine smile.

susiemj Sat 22-Sep-07 12:40:39

Hi niceone, I'm sorry you're feeling down. Don't mean to be trivial, but this might raise a smile andhelp you feel less alone.
Find the thread called.

Emotional... What's the stupidest thing you've cried over when pregnant?

It made me laugh a lot. You could even show it to your fiance to prove that actually, you're a pretty normal pregnant woman!

susiemj Sat 22-Sep-07 12:42:03

p.s. if you go there, scroll to the bottom and read upwards.

mumzyof2 Sat 22-Sep-07 19:49:34

Or just click on the 'Flip this thread' link at the top of the page.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now