Talk

Advanced search

11 weeks with twins - huge bump!

(8 Posts)
emmavictoria89 Wed 03-Jun-20 16:15:42

I hope I've posted this in the right place, I couldn't see a section about pregnancy with multiples.

I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant with twins, our dating scan is next week. I found out I was having twins at a private scan we paid to have at week 8.

The past week my stomach has got HUGE and I mean I look at least 6 months! I've actually lost 6lb since I discovered I was pregnant too so I'm lighter than my pre pregnancy weight.

I am a bigger girl anyway but I wasn't prepared to have a bump this big this early even with twins.

Anyone else pregnant with twins popped this early?

I'm hoping it's a good thing that they are both in the growing away!

OP’s posts: |
UrsulaSings Wed 03-Jun-20 16:23:12

Hi, I don't know anything about having twins! But thought I would let you know there's a section called 'multiple births' under 'being a parent' - bit of an odd place to put it, but you may find more similar people there!

emmavictoria89 Wed 03-Jun-20 16:29:47

@UrsulaSings thank you! I'll repost there smile

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Wed 03-Jun-20 16:33:56

Hi OP Multiple Births can be very quiet - not sure why as there are quite a few twin++ parents here!

I didn't pop that early but it varies lots. (Mine are 2y4m now.) Congrats!

mammmamia Wed 03-Jun-20 16:40:22

I replied on your other thread!

emmavictoria89 Wed 03-Jun-20 16:41:31

@JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff
Thank you! I've reposted over there, was going to delete this one but I'm using the app and not sure how to!
I think I'm going to be one of those ladies that looks like I've swallowed a beach ball by the end grin

Em39ma Wed 03-Jun-20 17:29:51

Emmavictoria89
I’m no expecting twins but I get a bump from conception.
When I was 12 weeks pregnant with my DD I went for my 12 week scan and they thought I must have my dates wrong and was more likely over 20 weeks. I knew my dates were right because I had had 2 early scan due to bleeding. They were surprised but said wow you are just of those people who look pregnant straight away.
I’m now pregnant again and I’m only 7 weeks and look 6 months pregnant, makes it very hard to hide my pregnancy until after the 12 week scan.

crazychemist Thu 04-Jun-20 12:09:26

I’m 13 weeks with twins, found out at 12 week scan but I wasn’t surprised as I had a big bump at 11 weeks! I think my actual “bump” is certainly bigger than with my singleton, it appeared at about 11 weeks and I had awful stretching pains with it. I think I’m also quite bloated, much more so that I was with DD1 - I guess that if you’ve got extra hormone, you get extra symptoms, so maybe extra bloating? Hope so, anyway!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in