Talk

Advanced search

New mum to be

(8 Posts)
Newbee123 Tue 02-Jun-20 18:45:36

Hi ladies, did or is any else exhausted at 2 months pregnant? I'm constantly tired ! But I have to work to cover the bills as my husband can't do it alone ...

OP’s posts: |
xxxemzyxxx Tue 02-Jun-20 19:47:57

Yep, the exhaustion during 1st trimester is something else! My last few weeks of 1st trimester I took annual leave every Friday, as I was finding 5 days weeks difficult and would let’s literally spend all weekend in bed not being able to do anything. It doesn’t matter how much you sleep, it never goes away!

Good news is this generally wears off in 2nd trimester. I’m 22 weeks now and have a lot more energy and can function properly. I am going to enjoy it while it lasts 😂

Goldenmother Tue 02-Jun-20 20:57:20

Yeah I was exhausted it did get better once I hit 12 weeks I seem to have more energy so hopefully that will be the same for you

LexiM Tue 02-Jun-20 21:08:40

Yes I was far more exhausted then than I am now at 21 weeks. You really do just have to go with the flow and rest when you can rather than fighting it.

Newbee123 Wed 03-Jun-20 07:45:59

Glad I'm not the only one ! I guess growing a whole human can be tiring!

WhatWouldPennyDo Wed 03-Jun-20 08:52:18

I was shattered in my first tri. Both working full time but my husband picked up almost all of the domestic drudgery including all shopping. I was working from home because of the lockdown so tried to nap, if I could, but otherwise was in bed by 9.30pm every night for a few weeks. It got so much better though, hope it will be the same for you.

Newbee123 Wed 03-Jun-20 10:04:38

That’s me Right now ! In bed by 900pm that’s how tired I am. And right now I’m babysitting for someone so looking after two children one is 2 and one is 4 while the parents work from home upstairs I’m exhausted!

sel2223 Wed 03-Jun-20 11:25:35

Pregnancy is exhausting. The first trimester was really bad and I was so glad when it eased up and I felt 'normal' again but I'm 30 weeks now and it's back!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in