Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bras - when to stop wearing underwired ones

(16 Posts)
widgetsmummy Fri 21-Sep-07 14:03:42

I know I read somewhere about stopping wearing underwired bras but I'm not sure when...??

I'm 19 week. Can someone advise?

Thanks

LadyOfWaffle Fri 21-Sep-07 14:04:42

Erm, I think I did pretty early.

missbumpy Fri 21-Sep-07 14:19:23

I'm still in my underwires at 36 wks I think the advice is that you should make sure whatever bra you're wearing fits well and it supportive. As long as the wires aren't digging in anywhere you should be fine.

BBBee Fri 21-Sep-07 14:20:06

wore them all the way through but I have tiny breasts.

Naetha Fri 21-Sep-07 14:36:09

The only comfy bra I have is underwired, and I'll continue to wear it until it gets uncomfortable I think you just have to apply common sense to this stuff wink

aikigypsy Fri 21-Sep-07 14:37:40

I'm also still in underwires at 33+ weeks. I've been told that you're not supposed to, but I need a bra that actually holds up my ever-expanding boobs. Non-underwires just don't cut it. There must be some out there but I haven't found them.

tyaca Fri 21-Sep-07 23:36:18

urgh - have you seen the non-underwired ones

without sound medical reason (or should it just get too uncomfortable), vanity's going to win out on this one with me for as long as poss grin

Gemy Sat 22-Sep-07 10:16:11

With you all - I am still in my sexy underwires. Have a few sports bras but they give my boobs a really hideous shape! YUK!

Saying that, don't think my R&Ps are going to last much longer - boobs are starting to splurge out blush. May have to make a visit to Bravissimo....

kelmcd Sat 22-Sep-07 10:39:14

I wore my underwires all the way thru and in labour, only changed them to nursing bras after LO was born

BunnyBaby Sat 22-Sep-07 23:28:47

Should be fine as long as they are the right size. This advice stems from the fact that up to 90% women wear the wrong size bra. Get yourself to rigby and peller or bravissimo to get your size checked. Still in underwires at 30 weeks and no intention of changing. Good luck

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 23-Sep-07 14:24:22

Message withdrawn

inzidoodle Sun 23-Sep-07 14:27:13

I am too big blush and found non-underwired very uncomfortable and not supportive enough, I am wearing underwired now 35 weeks and have had no problems

NorthernRockCod Sun 23-Sep-07 14:27:49

never
i wore em all the time

wobbegong Tue 25-Sep-07 11:51:26

I'm 26 weeks and still in 'em. Some shops say that you can wear whatever you find comfortable, so long as it is properly fitted. The one thing I'd say is don't do what I did and try to save money by not buying new ones all the time. I went to Bravissimo at the weekend, tried on twelve different bras and forked out another £31 for an underwired one (36G blush). Even though I last went only four weeks ago, I've gone up two sizes. So the new bra is heaven!!!! Suddenly all the backache, red marks and heartburn are gone!!!!

Ambi Tue 25-Sep-07 12:32:40

I'm still wearing them (30weeks), sorry comfort wins out over advice everytime. I won't change until I wires become too uncomfortable.

thehairybabysmum Tue 25-Sep-07 12:51:17

tis fine to weart hem throughout as long as they fit properly is what i was told at Bravissimo. Basically wire should be under and around boob at side...not digging into the actual breast flesh.

Im 39 weeks and still wearing mine no probs. Go get yourself properly measured though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now