Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

SINGLE

(7 Posts)
Dawn2820 Fri 21-Sep-07 13:02:26

How much benefit do you claim - could you give me an estimate of the figure you receive each month.

this is my first child, i am single, just want a rough idea of what i will expect

Gemy Fri 21-Sep-07 13:30:30

Hi Dawn, I don't know much about this but I do get around £70 paid a month in some kind of child benefit. This is all I get. I am not single though.

I know there are tax credits if you are working (my husband works, I am on maternity leave and do not intend to return to work) but we never qualifified for these - they seem to be availale only if the household income is not all that high.

Sorry I can't be much help but hopefully someone else will come along who has more insight.

mumzyof2 Sat 22-Sep-07 20:10:01

Hi, I was single for my sons firsy year, so pretty much an expert. First of all, my rent was 385 pounds a month, and about 300 pounds go paid for me, i also got income support, which was 40 pounds a week, but may be a little bit more now. I got child tax credit, which was about 20 pounds a week. All your council tax gets paid too, however, this is just if you are renting. I am not renting anymore because me and dp bought a house, so i couldnt tell you what you get. i also worked abit when i was renting, so i also got working tax credit, but my job didnt affect any of my other benefits, so all iv told you should be pretty much spot on, give or take a few pennies. Hope that helped, i know its a minefield.

mumzyof2 Sat 22-Sep-07 20:10:37

Oh, and theres child benefit, which is about 20 poind a week.

ScoobyDooooo Sat 22-Sep-07 20:12:46

I think child benefit is about £18.05 for the 1st child.

Not sure about the rest sorry.

ScoobyDooooo Sat 22-Sep-07 20:15:05

I just found this -

Age Rate
aged 16-17 £ 35.65
or in specific circumstances £ 46.85
aged 18-24 £ 46.85
aged 25 or over £ 59.15

Couple Age Rate
both aged 18 and over £ 92.80

Where one or both partners are aged under 18, their personal allowance will be calculated based on their specific circumstances.

Lone parents

Age Rate
aged 16-17 £ 35.65
or depending on their circumstances £ 46.85
aged 18 and over £ 59.15

Dependent children

Age Rate
from birth to day before 20th birthday £ 47.45

ScoobyDooooo Sat 22-Sep-07 20:15:40

the site is here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: