Talk

Advanced search

26 weeks PG and I’ve done my back in.

(2 Posts)
Babylife202 Sat 30-May-20 11:09:57

Hi ladies, please can I have some advice? I called the GP yesterday for a phone call appointment but I never got a call back. I’m so uncomfortable! Bump is ok I think.
Yesterday I was bending down to pick something up and suddenly I had a huge amount of pain in my lower back. Since then I haven’t been able to get up without support, can’t roll over in bed, in pain sitting down and lying down, and obviously I can’t be lying on my back on a hard floor because of my pregnancy. I don’t have any back issues.
Does anyone know how serious this is, is there anything I can do? Is this a pregnancy thing or just a coincidence? I tried a hot bath but it didn’t make it better (not least because my 4 year old got in) thank-you

OP’s posts: |
Delbelleber Sat 30-May-20 12:00:06

I had a terrible time with a bad back at 28w. Had to take 2 weeks off work and then got signed off for covid thank goodness because my back felt so fragile.
Paracetamol was pretty rubbish but I did get some relief from using a hot water bottle on the sore area. Hope it eased up soon for you.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in