Talk

Advanced search

Telephone booking appointment help.

(4 Posts)
Rainbow1991 Fri 29-May-20 22:11:59

Hi everyone,

I have received my booking appointment letter; which will be done over the phone with the midwife in 2 weeks time.
Now as a nurse I'm fully aware of the rationale behind less contact with others/ not going into hospital as much. But as a first time mum I can't help but worry.

What kind of questions are asked at the booking appointment? / what do I need to check with my partner before they ring me?
I know I've read previously about being asked about health conditions on both sides. How far back will they want to know?
I just want to be prepared before my phone call.

Would really appreciate any guidance you can give me!

Thank you! X ( still doesn't feel quite real that I'm
Pregnant!)

OP’s posts: |
BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 29-May-20 22:17:02

Age, weight, height, some family history for both (off the top of my head: hearing loss from birth, sight issues,T1 diabetes, heart conditions- back as far as grandparents), are you related to the father, obs/ gynae history, general medical history for you, dv question. That's it I think smile

Glendaruel Fri 29-May-20 22:18:50

I went to our hospital for 15 min appointment for bloods rev then she rang me up after I got home and went through a list. You will know most of it but worth checking with family any health issues in immediate family and any history of twins. She wanted to know about any health issues I had, went through mental health, did I feel saf e, any previous pregnancies, partners contact details and any questions I had.

She said she couldn't wait til it was back to face to face as midwifery is such a hands on practice.

gonewiththerain Fri 29-May-20 22:20:09

I had mine a few weeks ago via telephone wasn’t really any different to the face to face one with dc1 a few years ago
Grandparents is a far back as they want to know, aunts, uncles and I think cousins. Obviously parents and siblings.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in