Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI - sorry in advance

(15 Posts)
rascal1979 Fri 21-Sep-07 11:23:59

Not sure if this is something I should be worried about but I have had aching/throbbing 'bits' for the past 3hrs. Not major but noticable.

Slight aching abdomen too but on and off and not severe.

Do you think I should be worried or just another delight of pregnancy?

Thanks

ps had sex for the first time in over a week last night...any correlation? blush

mixedmama Fri 21-Sep-07 11:45:38

Hi

I get this quite regularly. I dont think it is anything to worry about, but if you are worried then go and get it checked it. I get it quite a lot after sex, I think that it is perhaps becasue eveything is so muchmore tender.

Hope you feel better.

rascal1979 Fri 21-Sep-07 11:47:28

Thanks! Hopefully not the start of VV 'down there'

mixedmama Fri 21-Sep-07 11:56:07

Ohhhh.... hadnt thought of that. I doubt it tho... I had to have an internal at the hospital the other night and they didnt mention anything and I get quite swollen sometimes.

But seriously if it worries you too much then do just go in and see the docs, better to put your mind at rest.

rascal1979 Fri 21-Sep-07 12:23:18

Sorry!! - sure it's not - well I hope not!!

It's easing now so don't think it's anything serious! Just being a first timer nice to have some reassurance on these (sometimes embarrassing) ailments!

missbumpy Fri 21-Sep-07 12:23:34

I think it's quite normal too. I'm sure I've seen something about it on another thread and loads of people were saying they'd had the same thing...especially after sex. On the few occasions I've managed to do the deed during pregnancy I've definitely felt a bit swollen and bruised afterwards.

I think it's just all the extra pressure from the weight of the baby as well as extra blood pumping round etc.

becklespeckle Fri 21-Sep-07 13:43:36

Probably extra pressure but if you are worried then speak to your MW.

Mine are very swollen and also a bit lumpy in places, sometimes they throb and are often a bit achy after sex. MW didn't seem overly worried, told me probably mixture of pressure and VVs and to get some support pants...

mixedmama Fri 21-Sep-07 13:48:39

[waves]

beckle - never heard of support pants. where do you get them from them??? God pregnancy is so undignified isnt it.

fingerwoman Fri 21-Sep-07 13:50:36

mothercare sell support pants.
what is VV???

becklespeckle Fri 21-Sep-07 13:51:50

Varicose Veins!

I confess I have not bought any support pants yet but MW suggested www.mindthebump.co.uk for support stuff.

mixedmama Fri 21-Sep-07 13:54:21

Mmmm sexy.

fingerwoman Fri 21-Sep-07 13:56:32

ooh varicose veins down there??? not nice!!

becklespeckle Fri 21-Sep-07 14:12:03

very sexy, especially as she suggested over the bump support pants (to help with SPD pain) and also support tights/socks to help with VV in leg!

I will be such a sexy beast in that get up!

fingerwoman Fri 21-Sep-07 14:15:33

I have those over bump pants. they're nice and comfy, and they do help my trousers stay up lol

mixedmama Fri 21-Sep-07 15:31:15

I guess sexy is not a priority at the minute. i have just been looking for decently priced mat bras... nasty nasty nasty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now