Talk

Advanced search

Should I call EPU or Doctors?

(3 Posts)
MouthBreathingRage Fri 29-May-20 14:02:35

Bit of a long one I'm afraid!

I fell pregnant in January, but unfortunately miscarried at the end of March. It was awful physically, ended up in A and E twice and bled for almost 5 weeks straight. I had a couple of appointments with the EPU, one with a consultant who tried to arrange a D and C but it didn't happen due to current circumstances/no surgery space. At my last appointment with the EPU, they wanted to have another scan/appointment in a couple of weeks, but after I had a negative test they signed me off (I was still miscarring at this point).

It's been a month, and I was told to expect my period between 4-6 weeks after I stopped bleeding. Having had cramps and other PMS symptoms all week, I kept expecting it to start, but nothing. I took a test, and it's come up as a clear positive. Did a CB Digital today and it says 2-3 weeks. Now, I'm assuming it's a new pregnancy but a part of me is worrying that some retention is causing my hormones to spike again. Should I call my local EPU/Gynae unit (who said to do so if I had any problems), or just assume I'm pregnant again and called the surgery to book it in? If it was normal circumstances, I'd just go to the doctors but they're obviously not seeing anyone at the moment!

Thank you if you read all that grin.

OP’s posts: |
starfish18 Fri 29-May-20 14:08:22

I would ring the gynae department and explain the situation xxx

MouthBreathingRage Fri 29-May-20 15:07:36

I thought as much, thank you. Will call them next week smile.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in