Talk

Advanced search

Bournemouth/Poole hospital

(8 Posts)
binky91 Tue 26-May-20 17:30:12

Where I live I have the option to give birth in Bournemouth or Poole Hospital. Just wondering if anyone has experience of either??

OP’s posts: |
Lulu1919 Tue 26-May-20 18:07:41

I gave birth in Poole ...but about 25 years ago !! friends much more recently ..they seemed happy with their care before during and after .
Which is closest ?
Can you go and look around them both ?

Eeyoresstickhouse Tue 26-May-20 18:10:57

I had a home birth but was taken to poole afterwards as I had a PPH.

If you go to poole you can go to the haven (midwife led suite) but you then have the back up of having the main delivery just down the corridor if needed.

I was in the haven after I was discharged from hdu. And it was lovely. I would go for that.

Clemmie83 Tue 26-May-20 22:02:29

I've heard good things about Poole maternity if that's any help!

niki26 Tue 26-May-20 22:55:06

I don't live in that area anymore but my sister had three births at Dorchester hospital....then switched to Poole hospital for her fourth which she massively regretted and had her fifth pregnancy back at Dorchester.

UrsulaSings Tue 26-May-20 23:01:47

Sorry I know this isnt helpful at all, but really felt the need to say I was born at Poole hospital!

Dont have personal experience of labour ward but other wards in the hospital have been fine.

emma911030 Tue 26-May-20 23:15:29

I was given the option of Poole or Salisbury for where I am living and I only heard negative things about Poole, I now work at Salisbury and will go there for baby number 2. I am unsure though if Poole has had a renovation relatively recently meaning there's a whole new maternity department/unit but I might have just made that up 🤦🏼‍♀️

Laur89 Wed 27-May-20 08:35:59

I ended up going to both hospitals in the same labour, and I would definitely say now that I wish I had headed straight to Poole hospital! The staff were lovely in Bournemouth, but I just felt more comfortable when they moved me to Poole. I couldn't fault the care I had in Poole! Hope that helps smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in