Talk

Advanced search

Positive test but cramping

(6 Posts)
SunSparkle Tue 26-May-20 13:55:39

Hi

My period was due on Saturday, so I took a test today and got a positive result. I've been having cramping all through the weekend and today as if my period is about to come. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

PS. I'm also terrified! It was our first month of trying. I thought it would take ages.

OP’s posts: |
Kay1309 Tue 26-May-20 15:13:33

Cramping is okay

biscuit13 Tue 26-May-20 16:13:16

@SunSparkle I felt like this for a while! Felt like my period was about to come any minute but it never did. Had it quite a lot in first trimester, I'm 17 weeks now and still get the odd dull cramps. In the end I found it reassuring that things were growing! Try and think of it that way rather than worrying. And congrats!

biscuit13 Tue 26-May-20 16:15:22

@SunSparkle also get the terrified bit... we fell pregnant 2nd month trying but thought it would take longer... we just kept saying I cant believe it's happened so quickly 😂

Keepyourginup Tue 26-May-20 16:20:11

Congratulations. I had this for several weeks....turned out to to a corpus luteum cyst... completely normal (I got scanned pain was so bad). It was like bad period pains.....but eventually passed. Try to not worry.

Jasminex1 Tue 26-May-20 16:24:43

@sunsparkle I was exactly the same, I thought my period was coming so didn't test for 5 days! We were also first month of trying too so wasn't expecting it all to happen so quickly! It's like a strong period pain and stayed for a good couple of weeks, it's a lot milder now I'm at 10 weeks but still get the odd crampy feeling 🙂

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in