Talk

Advanced search

Braxton hicks or something else?

(7 Posts)
Confusedg1rl Mon 25-May-20 23:15:20

Hi guys
This might sound stupid but honestly I have no idea what it is as my last pregnancy I was induced so I didn’t feel any of this.

36+4 and have had my bump go hard on and off for a few days, but whenever it would go hard I’d get pain under my bump (it’s tolerable so not something I’d usually call the ward for) I can Also feel pushing sensation where it makes me feel like I need to go to the toilet at the same time but I don’t actually need to go!
TMI but been to toilet much more today than I usually do and it’s loose unlike normal. I’ve also been extremely gassy (sorry again)
Again I’m not sure about it as with my son I was induced so the only pain I really felt was when labour kicked in straight away so I don’t know about the build up at all.. if anyone could give me their opinions I’d be grateful.

OP’s posts: |
mrs87 Tue 26-May-20 06:22:09

First time mum so no experience of this, but didn't want to read and run - from all the posts I've read it does sound like it could be labour like, the feeling like you need to go, plus the loose motions... I've read that you have a "clear out" before labour? Hopefully someone with experience of the above comes along to help!

Natmac190715 Tue 26-May-20 06:53:40

Confusedg1rl omg it's like I wrote that myself I am too 36 +4 and experiencing the same as you. I was induced with my son 9 years ago so never experienced actual going in to labour! My whole stomach is going solid and it's getting more frequent although not entirely painful. I was in two minds wether to call just for advice but don't want to seem like an idiot! Hoping someone comes on here and puts my mind to ease. Hope your okay xx

Hodge85 Tue 26-May-20 07:34:24

Hi,

Sounds like Braxton Hicks, I'm a FTM and I'm 37+3 weeks and had this for the past few weeks now on and off. As for your body "clearing out" mine has being doing that on and off too. I'm on iron tablets which has made me a bit constipated so when I do go it's not very pleasant. It also makes me question whether it's labour initially as it is very similar to menstrual cramps. They also say that when you do go into labour then you'll definitely know about it confused x

Confusedg1rl Tue 26-May-20 10:39:35

Natmac190715 That’s crazy how it’s so similar!
Hopefully nothing but still going on today, I do remember when I was induced for the first 2 days I kept needing to go toilet even though I couldn’t eat and it was only at the last stage when they used the gel that all movements stopped and I instantly went into labour within hours I was ready to push.

So have no idea what the lead up would feel like at all.
Hopefully we’ll figure it out zx

Confusedg1rl Tue 26-May-20 10:40:41

Hodge85 Yeah when you are in labour you 100% know because I remember the initial hit but then again I only know how it feels from going straight into labour with no build up pain or anything

Confusedg1rl Tue 26-May-20 20:12:10

I’ve now started to get pain in my inner thighs and when I massage them I get cramps in my lower abs?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in