Talk

Advanced search

Shaving????

(35 Posts)
lovelyjubbly12 Sun 24-May-20 17:55:48

How is everyone managing to rid of their unwanted hair????

I am 32 weeks pregnant. I can't really shave anything anymore and it's really getting to me!!!

I've just tried hair removal cream and a mirror and it kinda worked but it made me wonder how everyone else is managing?? I'd get a wax but with the virus that's out of the question 🤣

Might have to recruit my other half in to help!

OP’s posts: |
Flumo Sun 24-May-20 17:56:45

I just guess and hope for the best 🤣 34+5 weeks.

ScarfLadysBag Sun 24-May-20 17:58:13

Husband did it!

ElectricTonight Sun 24-May-20 18:01:37

I really hurt myself shaving when I was huge with my bump it was so embarrassing I've not shaved it all off since blush

MooseBreath Sun 24-May-20 18:05:57

I have struggled! It hasn't helped that all hair is growing in twice as fast and triple the thickness... I can't really tell if I've done a decent job and I assume it looks like a hack job.

userabcname Sun 24-May-20 18:07:46

You're growing a human. Don't worry.

Birdy1991 Sun 24-May-20 18:07:53

I'm worrying about this... did mine about a week ago and hoping it doesn't grow back too quickly (it will)! My partner has offered to shave it which I may have to take him up on but I am worried he would cut me! I can't see down there any more and just had to guestimate last week, luckily I didn't hurt myself! Are you removing hair for labour as well as I'm not sure what I'm going to do haha

clo1992 Sun 24-May-20 18:08:08

I literally sit in the bath and hope for the best 😂
I'm 30 weeks. Haven't seen my garden In weeks 🙈

MostlyAmbridgeandcoffee Sun 24-May-20 18:09:54

I just gave up last time! Then had a mad panic wax the week before due date then they just shave you if you end up with a section anyway! I’m now 24 weeks and already can’t see to shave ... dont care that much though!!

SpiltMilk100 Sun 24-May-20 18:11:43

DH did mine 😂

happymummy12345 Sun 24-May-20 18:14:46

I was able to do it myself until I was 38 weeks. Then my husband did it.

Letsallscreamatthesistene Sun 24-May-20 18:19:26

I managed. It wasnt really an issue. I sat in the bath and did it that way. I used a mirror to shave my hoo-haa.

ReenieD Sun 24-May-20 18:22:53

Can I recommend Nad’s ingrown solution for anyone new to hair removal cream or shaving. It’s been a godsend to me. Stops pimples and irritation

HJWT Sun 24-May-20 18:27:22

I used a mirror and put one leg high up only shaved pre birth though 😂

MsChatterbox Sun 24-May-20 18:28:37

Well if you really want to know...

Kneel in the bath, bring one knee up, shave that side be feeling where hair is, then bring other knee up and do the same 😁

Elouera Sun 24-May-20 18:33:15

What do you mean with the virus that wax is out of the question? You could order it online from multiple places, or just make your own with sugar, honey and lemon! Otherwise trim with clippers or scissors in a mirror or just leave it natural!

lovelyjubbly12 Sun 24-May-20 18:42:22

Oooo no I meant going to have a wax done is out of the question. Not sure i trust myself to wax an area I can't see 😶🤣🤣

I said to my partner this may be it now... I don't know if I can go through the havoc of it again 🤣

OP’s posts: |
Colouringinbook Sun 24-May-20 18:49:36

Electric trimmer, waved it round and hoped for the best!

palebluefringe Sun 24-May-20 18:54:12

Husband did it. Then the lovely assistant anaesthetist did it as I was being prepared for a section

SquigglyOne Sun 24-May-20 19:00:41

I just left my garden when I couldn’t see it anymore! Didn’t even want to attempt it for fear of cutting myself. Can’t believe you ladies can even be bothered to attempt it - I’m impressed!

Natalie654321 Sun 24-May-20 19:30:25

Haha I got my husband to shave at 34 weeks, then left it from then 🙈 I am guessing the midwives won't care!!

excitednerves Sun 24-May-20 19:58:49

I shaved before my internal scan on Friday and now I’m so itchy! I’m letting it grow from now on with just a trim to tidy up!

jdy123 Sun 24-May-20 20:48:54

Out of sight out of mind for me haha. Sometimes I catch a glimpse in the mirror and I'm like hmmm I should probably see to that , then I forgot about it when I'm next in the bath or shower !
I definitely need to sort something soon though ...my partner suggested using his beard trimmers ha so I may try this.

Betsyboo87 Sun 24-May-20 22:00:02

I nearly started a post like this earlier! 35 weeks and I managed to shave in the bath earlier by touch but I did cut myself slightly. Wondering whether to bother anymore. DH said he doesn’t care, I doubt the medical professionals care, so I’m only doing it for myself and I can’t even see it.

Emberfoot Sun 24-May-20 22:08:10

I'm just going to go fancy dress as a yeti I think, I am really not sure I can make myself try and get it all with a watermelon strapped to my front.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in