Advanced search

Hyperemesis and Waters breaking at 14weeks +3 PPROM

(3 Posts)
DyingfromHG Sun 24-May-20 00:38:09

Hi, i started a thread with this topic but somehow ended up under the AIBU category so thought I would repost in the right one. this is my second pregnancy. I have had a pretty horrendous pregnancy thus far. Horrendous hyperemesis from 5weeks onwards, ( to the point I would wish for death) hospitalised numerous times due to severe dehydration. With my DS hyperemesis eased at around 16/17 weeks so getting to 14 weeks was amazing, thinking not long until I can start enjoying it. 13 week scan was great, then one day I woke up with severe pain in my lower back which spread to lower abdomin. Pain was so severe it felt like I was in labour. I brushed it off and thought it must be due to the fact I have been bed bound now for over 2 months, thought this back pain was bound to happen. DH spent all day and night massaging the spot until it became too sore to touch. In the morning I thought I have to phone the doctors. Drs arranged for me to go back to the hospital. By then I started bleeding heavily and burning with fever. Anyway long story short, hospital admitted me for observation. Around 15hrs later I had a massive gush whilst laying in bed, I had so much water come out it leaked for atleast half hour. A scan the next day confirmed no waters around the baby. Drs have been very grim and said prognosis is not good and that baby wont develop without amniotic fluid and many risks to myself and the baby due to high risk of infection.Basically only thing to do now is induce labour. Normally after waters break they expect you to go into labour with 72hrs. For me it has now been 10days since waters breaking. Iv been on antibiotics due to infection but they have now finished. Today I have been bleeding again. At my scan 2 days ago baby still had no waters around it. Has anyone experienced this?? Please share your story. I am so scared and dont know what to do. There are some success stories and alot of unsuccessful stories online

onetiredmummy13 Sun 24-May-20 01:12:50

Sorry no advice but I'm so sorry your having to go through this thanks

TenThousandSpoons0 Sun 24-May-20 05:56:03

I’m sorry you’re going through this.

Have the doctors told you what sort of infection they were treating with the IV antibiotics? If there’s an infection in your womb (which it sounds like already) I’m afraid they’re right to be grim and the best thing might be to stop by inducing labour. Risks of the PPROM aside, an infection around baby can cause severe damage (brain damage) to baby and it is very difficult if not impossible to treat fully. I’d be very very worried for your baby. I’d also be very worried for you - this is the type of situation where you could become very very unwell - and that’s not necessarily able to be fixed by antibiotics. I know of mothers who have ended up in ICU because of this. If the infection is perhaps a urine infection, chest infection or something then that’s a completely different situation of course.

Waters breaking this early is just a horrible thing to happen because the risks are so high of a poor outcome anyway. Normally your body would make the decision for you by labouring - that’s easier in a way because you don’t have to agonize over making a decision. The success stories you hear would often be where waters reaccumulate, without an infection or labour happening. That’s not common, and it doesn’t sound likely to happen for you.

Of course it’s very hard not to hold out hope, and very hard when you’re faced with a decision to stop a pregnancy that is so wanted. I hope you have lots of support around you whatever you decide to do - and hopefully someone else will be able to share more of their personal experiences with having to make this kind of decision. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »