Talk

Advanced search

I think I’ve just thrown up my Pregnacare.. do I take more just in case?

(21 Posts)
SkylinesTurnstiles Sat 23-May-20 23:46:24

For some reason evening sickness is my game atm...

Forgot to take my Pregnacare today so look them about maybe tops 45 mins ago if I had to guess?

Wasn’t really looking for them as I was violently releasing the contents of my stomach into the toilet so no idea if they came back up.

I am only 6+ 1 so am guessing the pre-natal vitamins are pretty crucial at this stage for development?

Shall I take more or just write today off?
Thanks smile

Abbccc Sat 23-May-20 23:49:01

Just take them tomorrow, don't worry about it.

endofthelinefinally Sat 23-May-20 23:49:46

Take them tomorrow morning.
No point in making yourself sick again now.

SkylinesTurnstiles Sat 23-May-20 23:51:58

Thank you for your replies, much appreciated.
They’re on my bedside table ready to in the morning!

pastabest Sat 23-May-20 23:59:20

Incidentally pregnacare always made me feel sick/ vomit.

Ditched it in my subsequent pregnancies and took separate folic acid tablets and Vit D and felt much better.

Zoey92 Sun 24-May-20 00:02:50

Pregnacare hated me, puked everytime.

TooMinty Sun 24-May-20 00:08:16

They taste awful and the tablets are huge! My midwife gave me smaller ones, much easier to take. Not sure if it's just a Scottish thing but maybe ask for those? And yes, write off today and start again tomorrow. The person who called it Morning Sickness was an idiot. I got Evening Sickness too with my first and all day sickness with my second 😡

Lavenderpurple Sun 24-May-20 00:16:03

Pregnacare always made my nausea worse.

JeDeFloupFlee Sun 24-May-20 00:23:24

Never take it on an empty stomach. I get such bad nausea when I do, take one with breakfast tomorrow morning and you should be fine smile

Hodge85 Sun 24-May-20 06:25:54

Hi, I never took Pregnacare, instead I just take Vitamin D and Folic Acid on their own and continued that throughout. I'm 37 weeks now and all is ticking along nicely, sure I've forgotten to take the odd one here and there. Don't beat yourself up over it x

Bienentrinkwasser Sun 24-May-20 07:04:33

I wouldn’t risk making yourself vomit again. Folic acid lowers the statistical likelihood of neural tube defects, it isn’t an essential medicine that skipping one dose of will suddenly mean your baby is harmed.

You don’t need to take pregnacare. The tablets are huge and it’s expensive! Generic folic acid and vitamin D are fine.

Littlepoppet1 Sun 24-May-20 07:09:27

Just take in the morning now, won’t do any harm at all. I took folic acid and vid d separately too, pregnacare are expensive!!

Inaquandry19 Sun 24-May-20 07:14:15

Pregnacare always made me sick, I found the seven seas ones much better and they were much cheaper.

HidingUnderMyDuvet Sun 24-May-20 07:20:36

Pregnacare did the same to me, but boots own brand (with ginger) didn't.

Everybodysaycheese Sun 24-May-20 08:01:44

I had to change to taking Pregnacare towards the end of an evening meal in order to keep the tablet down. I agree with the others to just try again the next day it you vomit.

Ernieshere Sun 24-May-20 08:07:36

Pregnacare made me nauseous & I suffered extreme fatigue, I couldn't move off the sofa.

I wondered if it was those & I went without for a week, and used Folic Acid for £1.50 instead.
I was like a different person.

The lady in Holland & Barratt said some vitamins are full of so many unnecessary chemicals, some are to bind the product & some for making sure the tablets don't stick to the conveyor belt in production.

Not sure how true that is.

Siablue Sun 24-May-20 08:16:37

I never managed to keep Pregnacare down. I was given a prescription of plain folic acid by the hospital (I was admitted for hyperemersis). I attempted to take one 3 times a day. My midwife said you don’t need to worry about overdosing on folic acid as some women have to take 3 times the standard dose. That would be the case with Pregnacare as there is a lot of other vitamins in there that you could overdose on.

orangetangerines Sun 24-May-20 08:24:28

I could never keep pregnacare or folic acid down, my sick would be bright yellow. But i did have HG! I'm sure missing a day won't do any harm

Bienentrinkwasser Sun 24-May-20 15:39:34

@Siablue some women are advised to take more than 10 times the standard dose! The usual dose is 400mcg, the ’higher dose’ given to women with higher bmi, women with epilepsy, women with a history of baies with birth defects etc. Is 5mg!

sel2223 Sun 24-May-20 15:41:21

No, I threw mine back up several times and just carried on the next day as normal.

sel2223 Sun 24-May-20 15:42:42

I should add it wasn't the pregnacare for me. I'm still taking them now at 28 weeks and no sickness these days woohoo!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »