Talk

Advanced search

Baby movements

(8 Posts)
susiemj Thu 20-Sep-07 13:11:37

I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I feel like she's not been moving as much as normal for the last 2 or 3 days. I do still feel her several times a day. Is this normal? Am I being an over-nervous first timer?

feedmenow Thu 20-Sep-07 13:33:10

Susie, I can't remember what is normal and what is not, but if you are concerned then give your DAU a call and have a chat with a midwife there who will be able to advise you.
Hope all is OK.
xx

bambino1andbump Thu 20-Sep-07 13:33:28

You should feel movement 10 times a day any less then my midwife said give hospital a ring. If you are worried then give them a ring, for your peace of mind if nothing else.

Gemy Thu 20-Sep-07 13:46:08

I find that is my baby has been very active one day, she will be quieter the next day (or just go on a mad movement spree through the night!)

Also, sometimes if you're busy doing something you will not notice the movements even if they are there.

FCH Thu 20-Sep-07 13:54:20

I'm 34 weeks with my first and it regularly terrifies me by having a quieter day (although never one where I didn't feel it at all) and this seems to be normal for my baby. Also agree with Gemy that some days if I am busy I notice less but when I stop to think about it I usually get a kick!!

Hope all is well!

empen Thu 20-Sep-07 14:00:28

If you are really worried you could get one of those heart rate monitors so you can listen to the baby whenever you want. Loads on ebay!!!
If you can feeling it moving then it'll be fine. Maybe you need to sit and chill for a bit and concentrate. Have a bath cause that normally gets mine wiggling.
With my first preg dd was not particularly active and was concerned when did not feel movement. Went into hospital to get checked and it was all fine. Preg with second baby now and he does not stop wiggling - CONSTANTLY.

fawkeoff Thu 20-Sep-07 14:03:31

you can buy heart monitor thingies from argos and babies r us for 30quid...i had one and it was worth every penny grin saved me a fortune in taxis to the mat ward

susiemj Thu 20-Sep-07 14:19:20

Phew! Just seen midwife - she thought I might need to be monitored but she came over to have a listen and everything seems absolutely fine. Thank God for the NHS!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now