Talk

Advanced search

February 2021 babies?

(48 Posts)
longcoffee Sat 23-May-20 15:38:51

Anyone out there getting prepped for a Feb arrival?

Got a BFP this morning - VERY out the blue, DH and I both reeling a little bit (but super happy)!

Due 7th Feb, and never done this before, so with first-timer nerves and CV to contend with, I don't quite know what to do now!

Am watching Four in a Bed with a mug of (decaf) tea and a Hobnob. Seems as good a plan as any!

NoCallerID Sat 23-May-20 16:08:19

Hey @longcoffee,

Congratulations on your BFP!! 🥳

Got a vvf BFP yesterday. According to my calculations baby would be due 04.02.21...

We weren't actively trying as we just had a loss earlier this year (TFMR due to chromosomal and physical abnormalities) and my period hadn't even returned yet. I'm not getting too excited yet, although I never had a natural loss I can't but think it might happen again. Sorry, didn't want to get the mood down.
We already have a little boy who will be two in July.

Personally I'm going to wait a bit before getting in touch with the midwife team.
Your GP will be able to tell you what to do next. But usually they just refer you to a midwife team for a booking appointment.

longcoffee Sat 23-May-20 17:41:51

Yay, @NoCallerID, crossing my fingers for you! Sorry about your loss, that must have been horrendous 😞

Am already starting to feel pretty knackered and any strong smells are making me feel really queasy, which all makes sense now!

Will give my GP a call on Monday I think. I have epilepsy and think I will have to be assessed by my neurologist as well as local midwives, think there's a few more scans etc too, but not sure!

Am hoping we can keep it quiet from DSD14 for a while (she lives here), feels way too early to share the news JUST yet.

NoCallerID Sat 23-May-20 18:12:22

Oh god, tell me about it. I'm so shattered and nauseas I just had a nap on the sofa and can't be arsed to cook. DS had fish fingers and that's all I want now 😂

Yes definitely give them a call then!
I'm sure you'll manage to not say anything yet, unless you suddenly were to stop drinking your daily bottle of wine and your packet of cigarettes she probably won't notice...?

mummayoung Sun 24-May-20 00:55:55

Hi ladies
Congratulations !
I've had my BFP this evening ! Very faint so can't wait for the morning to retest 🥰
Due date calculator shows 3rd Feb 2021

2020wish Sun 24-May-20 01:05:56

Hi ladies!! 13dpo and got my BFP at 10dpo. Due date 1.2.21smile first pregnancy after mc 4 weeks ago, so very nervous. What symptoms are you all getting

Willow146 Sun 24-May-20 06:41:17

Hi everyone!! I got a positive a few days ago, been trying for 6 months, I have a 17mo too. Edd is 31st jan. When are you all calling to get registered with a midwife?
So far I feel ok, took the test on a whim on Wednesday but expected a negative as I had convinced myself it wouldn’t happen after we fell with my son first time. My boobs are slightly sore , and I’m tired but that’s about it.

NoCallerID Sun 24-May-20 06:46:21

Welcome and congratulations @mummayoung @2020wish @Willow146!!

I'm definitely going to wait a bit... I'm not quite sure if this is a sticky one yet.

No sore boobs here, only a bit of nausea, tiredness and sensitive teeth.

longcoffee Sun 24-May-20 08:52:27

Yay, congratulations everyone! Sounds like it's been a positive weekend all round :-)

Is it just me, or is anyone else noticing more symptoms as soon as the BFP appears? Not sure if I'm imagining them after reading too much online or they were there all along, and I just didn't register them! 🙈

mummayoung Sun 24-May-20 12:30:03

Best birthday present ever !

mummayoung Sun 24-May-20 12:36:26

My back really aches ! Apart from that and a little bit of nausea I'm feeling OK. What symptoms is everyone else having ?

How did all of your DPs take it ? My DH is over the moon and has been internets shopping already - he's terrible x

2020wish Sun 24-May-20 16:42:45

Think I’m out ladies. Digitals today have gone negative, manual tests still positive. Af due tomorrow or Tuesday so I’m expecting her to come

NoCallerID Sun 24-May-20 17:26:09

@2020wish I'm so sorry... Looks like I'm going to follow. Tests aren't getting any darker. AF due on Tuesday/Wednesday and I'm sure that'll be it. Gutted.

2020wish Sun 24-May-20 17:33:11

@NoCallerID I feel like I am never going to conceive again sad that’s 1 chemical in jan, miscarriage in April and now another chemical, all three in a row ... I’ve a 9 year old so I don’t feel like the maternity unit is taking me serious that I’m worried

NoCallerID Sun 24-May-20 19:34:46

Oh god I can't even imagine. You're not out until AF arrives. Are you temping?
We never had a natural loss or chemical so if it turns out to be that, I don't know what to do. Maybe my body wasn't ready...

2020wish Sun 24-May-20 19:37:51

@NoCallerID I was temping but stupidly didn’t take my temp this morning

Willow146 Mon 25-May-20 06:48:57

@2020wish @NoCallerID I’m so sorry you’re going through this uncertainty. It is still very early I have everything crossed it works out. @2020wish did you take the digital with morning pee? I know they are not as sensitive.
I’ve had a missed miscarriage before and I honestly do understand
How you’re feeling. Sending love xx

BelievinForAMiracle Mon 25-May-20 07:34:12

Hello ladies. Can I join you? I finally got my bfp this morning at 14dpo due date is 2.2.21 🙂 this is my first pregnancy. It’s a miracle though as I’m an older mum.
Hoping that today you get stronger positives @2020wish and @NoCallerID

Elestren Mon 25-May-20 08:18:51

Possibly joining you....I am 3 days late and had 2 squinters yesterday. It was a blue dye cross style test though, which I have never used before and I have read they can give false positives/prone to evap lines.

I have wanted DC3 since DC2 was born over 2 years ago. DH hasn't been very keen for various (very sensible) reasons, but it has been on ongoing discussion for some time. Now it seems it may be a reality, I am terrified and wondering what on earth I was thinking hmm

If I am pregnant, is a bit of a shock as our first 2 both took the best part of a year to conceive and this one will have been a one off tipsy encounter blush

mummayoung Mon 25-May-20 16:21:46

@BelievinForAMiracle congratulations !!

NoCallerID Tue 26-May-20 10:51:34

@2020wish how are you doing? No news here... tests aren't getting darker and AF isn't here yet either but I can feel she's on her way. Very emotional and just want to cry.

2020wish Tue 26-May-20 14:03:24

My tests are all basically negative now sad can’t barely see the line. Still extremely light spotting like once a day. Just sat all morning crying and trying to get through to me doctor to take bloods

Willow146 Tue 26-May-20 15:14:04

I’m so so sorry you’re going through this sad

2020wish Tue 26-May-20 15:54:11

Just got through to my doctors. They are going to check my bloods and see if they can find a reason for the 3 losses in row and refer me to Recurrant miscarriage clinic. I’m hoping that if something is wrong they will pick it up in the GP tests and it can easily by sorted

BelievinForAMiracle Tue 26-May-20 16:32:42

@2020wish have you had af? I’m so sorry and hope this is a false alarm xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »