Talk

Advanced search

Late miscarriage - heartbroken mum, please be kind x

(2 Posts)
LTimm27 Thu 21-May-20 08:19:46

Hello,
Me and my husband have just lost baby number 2 at 16 and a half weeks. I was having on and off bleeding throughout pregnancy but was diagnosed with cervical erosion/ectropion. Unfortunately I started getting contraction pains early Saturday morning and worse pains in the evening. I miscarried at the maternity hospital on 17.05.20. I feel total emptiness and I’m not sure what to do. My family and friends have been so kind and supportive. We have a happy and healthy 4 year old girl who is the light of our lives and I am so grateful she is here but I feel like losing our baby boy is such a huge loss for us and it’s a lot to take in. sad the midwifes and staff at the hospital were fantastic throughout and we got to spend time with him and take photos. The doctors do not know why this has happened and we will have to wait for the post mortom to see if their was an issue then onto the funeral.

I just want to know if anyone has had a similar situation where you get your rainbow in the end🌈 as I just feel like what could have been for our family has just been ripped away and we are heartbroken.

OP’s posts: |
Mo81 Thu 21-May-20 09:59:09

Firstly let me say i am so sorry for your loss. I lost my first son to stillbirth at 37 weeks. I did go on to have more children however it dosnt erase the pain but does bring some sunshine back into your life. Im happy to chat if you need support or i can answer any queastions. Please take care of yourself xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in