Talk

Advanced search

What was your earliest sign of labour?

(19 Posts)
BeyOnceBeyTwice Wed 20-May-20 14:08:40

Am worried I'm not going to know when I go into labour!
I realise that's probably very naive and I will definitely know.. but yes what is the earliest sign of labour you remember having?

OP’s posts: |
1moreRep Wed 20-May-20 14:11:20

your plug comes out, then i woke with a huge need for the loo, really bad runs then contractions

ShowOfHands Wed 20-May-20 14:12:13

My waters broke.

BabyLlamaZen Wed 20-May-20 14:13:47

Stomach cramps like bad constipation. Literally just felt like bad stomach. Up all night. I was overdue and after a while I thought "hang on..". But I had it for days lol.

chocolicious Wed 20-May-20 14:13:52

Waters broke.

MichelleOR84 Wed 20-May-20 14:18:14

My waters broke 🤣 ( kinda obvious)

But after that I started getting strong period cramps for about 3-4 hours before contractions started

ElectricTonight Wed 20-May-20 14:19:27

Contractions

weepingwillow22 Wed 20-May-20 14:21:57

Waters breaking both times and then nothing for 12 hours. Last time I went shopping and out for lunch after my waters broke and before any contractions grin

Pipandmum Wed 20-May-20 14:25:54

Waters broke just before 37 weeks. I was going to have a section and at the hospital the midwife said I wasn't in active labour so had to wait ten hours for the operating theatre to be free. I used up all my maternity pads that night!

Violet956 Wed 20-May-20 14:26:14

Contraction at 4am. Thought I had wind! Then again 15 minutes later and then again. Managed to sleep until 7. By that time they were 7mins apart and I had to drop to floor and hang on something to get through them . I remember calling my sister at 7am and asking her if it sounded normal, then she assured me if it was strong enough to make me have to move and concentrate it was labour.

Had lots of false starts before and lost my plug 2 days before labour began

Yesterdayforgotten Wed 20-May-20 14:28:37

Never went into labour naturally and had to be induced. I was so worried I would have some big dramatic movie moment of my waters breaking and soaking everywhere but nothing happened!

EastBoundAndDown Wed 20-May-20 14:39:31

Mild contractions with both of mine which I thought were Braxton Hicks at first, but they were coming regular.

Also about a day before I went into labour with my second I got really emotional all of a sudden and sobbed - and had no idea why ! Because of a surge of hormones I think I read 🙂

BeyOnceBeyTwice Wed 20-May-20 14:46:58

Thanks all!!
Sounds like I will know...
(Bloody wish baby would hurry up now 😅)

Yesterdayforgotten Wed 20-May-20 18:40:04

OP you will def know if it happens.

Settlersofcatan Wed 20-May-20 18:42:25

Vomiting. Particularly weird because I wasn't otherwise sick at all in pregnancy

Thestrongestavenger Wed 20-May-20 18:56:28

First time was vomiting, second time contractions that I thought were braxton hicks.

doughnutmuffin Wed 20-May-20 19:07:12

Lost my mucus plug at 37 weeks, then 37+3 I had the runs, just thought I had food poisoning until the contractions started a couple of hours later, waters broke as I walked into the hospital, luckily put on a big maternity pad just before we left the house

onlyreadingneverposting8 Wed 20-May-20 19:33:50

With my second I made my DH clear the garage out! Just HAD to be done that day and finished And made loads of lists as dc1 was only 14months and I was worried about leaving her ...woke at 12am thinking "oooo I think I might be in labour" decided to go back to sleep on the basis if it was I'd wake up again, which I did at 3am with regular, quite painful contractions! Ds was born at 8:45am.

BeyOnceBeyTwice Wed 20-May-20 21:56:23

Ah!!
I'm scared 😵

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in