Talk

Advanced search

‘Early’ latent labour

(11 Posts)
CharlieB93 Wed 20-May-20 08:35:50

Has anyone got any experience with latent labour that seems to go on forever?
Contractions/pains started at 7am Monday morning, they’ve not eased off once but are just really irregular ranging from 5 minutes to 20 minutes. I’ve had zero sleep since Sunday and I’m absolutely exhausted. Don’t know how much more I can take.
I don’t know why I’m posting this but could someone please tell me there’s light at the end of the tunnel ☹️

OP’s posts: |
MichelleOR84 Wed 20-May-20 10:28:00

Oh man , early labour was worse than active labour ( was for me )! I feel for you 😩

My waters broke at 1am on a Wednesday morning . Contractions started at 5am lasting 1 minute in length coming every five minutes . It wasn’t considered active labour until Thursday morning around 11am and even then I was stuck at 4cms for 8 hours and then finally labour started progressing ( they had to put me on the drip . It actually wasn’t that bad at all )!

You can do it !!!!

CharlieB93 Wed 20-May-20 11:21:55

Ahhh! I wish my waters would break then they’d have to induce me! It’s relentless, I feel like the pain is all for nothing too ☹️

BenHolland Thu 21-May-20 06:55:00

I feel you! Have been the same since sunday night.. had a sweep on tuesday, but still no active labour..! Am slowly losing my mind here! I am told though that the longer this lasts the easier labour is supposed to be.. hang in there!!

GreenOliveTree Thu 21-May-20 07:03:19

It is hard, but it isn't pointless at all! Your body will be working hard to get baby in a good position and start making changes to your cervix. Vest advice is to try and stay as relaxed as possible, eat little and often/stay hydrated and try and sleep. If worried phone your hospital smile

physicskate Thu 21-May-20 07:48:41

I started contracting every 5-20 mins from sat night/ Sunday morning (around midnight). By the Wednesday morning, I was DONE. No sleep. Thought my waters might be trickling and went in (mostly because I just wasn't coping).

They did (another) sweep. That actually broke my waters. They then tried to send me home. My induction had been book for the Friday anyway. I said I needed drugs. All the drugs.

Maybe it was a slow day, maybe they took pity on me, maybe it was cause waters had gone, maybe it was because I lived an hour away and refused to leave, but they let me stay and gave me pethidine. I slept for an hour. Bliss.

Wasn't progressing, so they put me on the drip. 6 hours later, baby was born with the help of forceps. She was in distress. Probably needed help because I was knackered. The long (latent) labour is probably why she was distressed.

My advice: if you aren't coping, ask for support. You're entitled to it!!!! Have an advocate there in case you need to be a bit forceful about it. My dh was brilliant at that.

CharlieB93 Fri 22-May-20 11:44:20

Thanks for your advice ladies! My little girl was finally born at 5am yesterday morning... it was a little traumatic to say the least but hopefully we can go home today 💕

MichelleOR84 Fri 22-May-20 12:46:57

Congratulations 🥳 That’s great news !! Recovery is tough 😕

CharlieB93 Fri 22-May-20 13:36:15

@michelleOR84 sorry to hear you are struggling - was it labour in general or did you have a traumatic delivery?

MichelleOR84 Fri 22-May-20 14:11:21

I delivered a year ago ! Doing all well now 😝

My delivery was okay ! It was probably a bit traumatic but I was pretty calm about it all !

Recovery was hard though . I ended up the intensive care unit due to blood loss , had not slept for 3 nights of labour , breastfeeding was hell and my episiotomy was on fire . 😩

Delbelleber Sat 23-May-20 00:56:13

Congratulations @CharlieB93

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in