Page 2 | Bugaboo Fox 2

(40 Posts)
April1990 Mon 18-May-20 22:02:40

Baby S due August and we are pretty much set on the Bugaboo Fox 2. It's relatively new so I'd love to hear any pros/cons from fellow mumsnetters as there aren't many reviews online!

OP’s posts: |
Caitlin2020 Fri 22-May-20 21:50:33

I’m 31 weeks and ordering the bugaboo pink and grey this week does anyone know of any deals or the best place to order from? It’s sold out not the bugaboo site sad

Bestbe Fri 22-May-20 21:52:47

Three children and I had a bugaboo and a Phil and Ted. The Bugaboo was brilliant and I think it’s was the best thing we ever bought.

Babysunshine2020 Sat 23-May-20 15:36:14

We have preordered Fox 2 from mamas&papas about 8 weeks ago as my husband found some sort of discount with them. Had an email yesterday that it should be with us on Tuesday. Can’t wait halo We did try Fox one in store before lockdown though

DufferedUp Sat 23-May-20 17:23:55

I ordered it today from M&P as they have a15% discount for NHS staff in May. Bit earlier than I would have bought it but too good a discount to miss.

April1990 Sat 23-May-20 21:14:43

@DufferedUp Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to order now and it's a great deal with 15% off.

Figey Wed 26-Aug-20 15:52:07

I’m just ordered mine from Bournemouth Baby Centre with a 10% off code (I’m not eligible for the NHS discount). I ended up getting the black frame with the special edition washed black fabric. I also got the Cybex Cloud z and adaptors at 10% off too - all arriving tomorrow!

Advertisement

ScarMatty Wed 26-Aug-20 16:10:53

Figey

I’m just ordered mine from Bournemouth Baby Centre with a 10% off code (I’m not eligible for the NHS discount). I ended up getting the black frame with the special edition washed black fabric. I also got the Cybex Cloud z and adaptors at 10% off too - all arriving tomorrow!

The cloud z is the BEST seat ever. I loved it! It fitted my son who is very tall until 18 months comfortably

Figey Wed 26-Aug-20 22:40:27

@ScarMatty that’s great to know! I live in London and don’t have a car so will only be using it in cabs, the thought of forking out for a different type of seat in 9 month once the baby grew out of it scared me! Did you use the lie flat feature much?

LulusMiniEgg Wed 26-Aug-20 22:45:07

Order your prams soon ladies, whatever you choose, certain brands (especially Egg and Oyster) have no stock left until November! Fox seems ok at the moment but some cols are not available until end of October.
I work in the industry on the buying side so know about stock levels!!!

April1990 Thu 27-Aug-20 03:48:29

Baby is here now and I can confirm the Bugaboo Fox 2 is a dream 😍. We got the Nuna car seat (little on the heavy side) but it's so padded and I feel so confident with its safety and protection.

ScarMatty Thu 27-Aug-20 10:11:42

@Figey

In all honestly I only used it a handful of time's, much less than I thought. But it is still the best car seat I know. All of my friends who had the mainly silver cross car seat had to get a new one at 6 months

Frazzlerock Thu 27-Aug-20 10:27:20

We have one but not used it yet. I have always used Bugaboo with my two DS. I've had a Frog and a Bee and loved them both. Then I became a childminder and tried lots of other prams and none came close to Bugaboo's style, sturdiness and general ease of use as well as being relatively lightweight (compared to others). My second favourite at the time was probably a Phil and Ted but the wheels kept puncturing which I never had with Bugaboo - I think they are foam filled IIRC.

Its been 11 years since I used our Frog and Bee and got rid of them in the end as never anticipated another child!

This time we have a Fox2 in the grey melange fabric, Vapour blue hood, and black frame and I absolutely love it. Although not tried it with baby in yet as I'm not due until Nov.

I had hoped to buy ours from John Lewis but they didn't have the colours we wanted. Then Bugaboo was out of stock for weeks on end so I gave up and found a website called Natural Baby Shower (awful name! haha) and they offer 10% off for new purchases and have been fantastic. We received the pram within 2 weeks.

Re car seat, we didn't go for the Bugaboo Nuna as it said it was forward facing (???) so we went for the Maxi Cosi Rock which is rated highly in MN reviews. We had to buy the adapters for the pram.
We bought the pram, car seat and isofix all from Natural Baby Shower with the 10% off.

Frazzlerock Thu 27-Aug-20 10:28:52

Ah @April1990 just seen your update. Is it true about the Nuna being forward facing? It really confused me when I read the product deets as I thought babies had to be rear facing.

NewMumOrpington Thu 27-Aug-20 12:31:35

We have the Bugaboo Fox 2 for our 4 month old and it's been excellent. We use it every day and it's been worth every penny. It's also doubled as a travel cot when we've been visiting family.

Figey Tue 08-Sep-20 18:10:34

Pram finally arrived today, but it arrived all scratched! I contacted the store who tried to explain these as normal marks from the manufacturing process. Was anyone else’s frame scratched on arrival?

I know that it’s going to get damaged as soon as I take it out - but for the price I’d like it to at least start off undamaged!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in