Talk

Advanced search

Help Please. Am 38 weeks pregnant and have had D&V for 48 hours

(9 Posts)
Blackcat37 Wed 19-Sep-07 08:09:16

Hi Can anyone help me? I'm 38 weeks pregnant and have had D&V for the last 48 hours. Should I be concerned for the baby's health? Should I contact me GP or midwife about this or let it pass? I can't seem to tolerate even water as this makes me sick too.

harleyd Wed 19-Sep-07 08:12:53

let your midwife know just for your peace of mind. im sure all is fine with the baby.
sometimes it could be a sign of you getting ready to go x good luck

littlelapin Wed 19-Sep-07 08:13:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

harleyd Wed 19-Sep-07 08:15:31

dont let it go on too long without speaking to her if you cant keep water down though

chopster Wed 19-Sep-07 08:18:33

I'm sure you will be fine, I had it really abd with my first, but do get checked out to put your midn at rest.

Woby Wed 19-Sep-07 09:51:56

Hi Blackcat, I had something similar for 24/48 hours at 38 weeks. There seems to be a bug going round my area. Midwife thought that baby would be fine although I would feel rough. Had doctors appointment a day later and they said I was very dehydrated and if I couldn't start rehydrating, I might have to go on a drip. No harm talking to your midwife and trying hard to keep some water down (or maybe those rehydration salts?). Hope you feel better soon!

designerbaby Wed 19-Sep-07 13:13:54

Blackcat,
I had this at the weekend - spoke to midwives and they told me to come in ASAP.

Got me hooked up to a drip to rehydrate and try and get temperature down, and baby's heart rate was fast as a result.

Ended up there for 18 hous, which wasn't much fun, but they seem to take this kind of thing quite seriously in later pregnancy. I'd give your MWs a call and pop in to get everything checked to be on the safe side. That way they can find out what kind of infection you have, and make sure this isn't actually a sign of early labour.

Word of advice though - take a pillow... just in case. They didn't have any on the obs ward where I was and after about 12 hours I'd have happily killed for one - if only I'd had the strength!

Hope you feel better soon.

DB
xx

NoNameToday Wed 19-Sep-07 15:29:17

pmsl @ designerbaby's observations re pillows!

It's amazing what minor things or lack of, can cause problems.

Jbck Wed 19-Sep-07 15:41:43

I'm in the same boat Blackcat at 32 plus weeks but you sound worse off. M/W said as long as I was keeping fluids down (which I am) baby should be fine, I'm getting plenty of movement & the D bit stopped after 24 hours it's just the sickness/nausea & headache that's ongoing.
Hope you feel better soon, my m/w told me to contact her or GP if I felt worse at all & I've a consultant appointment on Monday with a growth scan so to mention it then.
Take care. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now