Talk

Advanced search

Feeling cold in pregnancy

(14 Posts)
feelingchilly Tue 18-Sep-07 18:10:48

I'm newly pregnant and feel freezing, is it normal to feel so cold as I thought you were supposed to feel warmer than usual.

AnnabelCaramel Tue 18-Sep-07 18:15:02

I think it's just that the weather today has been freezing! Certainly lots colder here today than it has been in ages.
I was v v pregnant in last summer's heatwave, and it was a nightmare. Wrap up warm and look after yourself.

Egg Tue 18-Sep-07 18:16:59

I have felt colder rather than warmer in both pregnancies. Was prone to "hot flushes" when not pg, but get really cold now... I think we are a bit strange, but don't think it is anything to worry about!

Congrats on being pregnant though! When are you due?

feelingchilly Tue 18-Sep-07 18:19:11

Thanks for the reply. I'm due June 1st, I was impatient and tested early so I'm only 3+4!

SoMuchToBits Tue 18-Sep-07 18:19:33

I also felt really cold in the early stages. I think maybe your body temperature is higher but that makes you feel cold, because the ambient temperature is now lower in relation to your body temp IYSWIM. Anyway I don't think it's abnormal.

feelingchilly Tue 18-Sep-07 18:22:56

I find being cold so odd as I'm always hot. I better go and find some jumpers.

Egg Tue 18-Sep-07 18:22:58

Oooh really newly pregnant, how exciting! Hope the first few weeks go quickly and smoothly for you. It is very chilly today, as Annabel Caramel said. I have started to feel less shivery now and am 20 weeks.

PrettyCandles Tue 18-Sep-07 18:25:02

I froze through the first trimester of each of my pregnancies, yet was boiling hot by the end of the second trimester.

AnnabelCaramel Tue 18-Sep-07 18:25:58

I can't remember if I felt hot or cold in the very early stages tbh; all I recall is the hottest August in living memory and feeling like I had a furnace inside me. It was horrible!
Today, however, it is so cold and I am eating enough to be pregnant with triplets -which I definitely am not!

feelingchilly Tue 18-Sep-07 18:26:12

This is really reasuring, you wouldn't think I done this a few times before but I don't remember being cold before.

missbumpy Tue 18-Sep-07 18:59:12

I've felt pretty cold throughout. I suppose it's been a cold summer but, like you, I was expecting to feel really hot. I'm 36 weeks now and bloody freezing!

asicsgirl Wed 19-Sep-07 10:58:46

I'm 7 weeks and freezing too
I remember having this last pregnancy too. I have underactive thyroid which used to make me incredibly cold all the time but I've had medication for that for the last 5 years. Apparently levels can change during preg, but last time round I had blood tests and the levels were fine - so I was just cold!! Pah!

Yimmy Wed 19-Sep-07 11:51:31

I'm 9+3 and I'm freezing too !!! I know the weather has gotten colder over the last couple of days, but I was in the house last night shivering and DP had to bring his furry monster slippers for me to wear and the halogen heater...right now I'm in a class teaching (adults) and I've just switched off the air con as I was so cold !!

PotPourri Wed 19-Sep-07 15:32:12

I get freezing too when pregnant. I always wondered what people were on about when they talked about an internal furnace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now