Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Should I worry? contraction type pain when walking

(7 Posts)
sparklygothkat Tue 18-Sep-07 15:51:41

Today I have noticed that if I walk any further than the car, I am getting contraction type pain which eases when resting, is it just BHs or should I worry?

sparklygothkat Tue 18-Sep-07 16:03:23

anyone?

mindalina Tue 18-Sep-07 16:06:10

Have you spoken to your midwife or maternity unit? When I was very late in my pregnancy if I had to walk up the hill I found my bump would get really tight and painful, it reduced me to tears a couple of times. I rang the mat. unit and they said not to worry because the pain had passed, but that I could go in if I was worried. If you ring they will be able to reassure you if nothing else.

sparklygothkat Tue 18-Sep-07 16:07:35

its been like this on and off but todays are taking taking my breath away, but they go away when I rest.

RGPargy Tue 18-Sep-07 16:20:32

It's either a BH or you might even just be getting the stitch. I get discomfort quite a bit when walking and sometimes really painful "stitch" pains too.

If you're worried tho, check it out with your MW.

I reckon your LO will stay put for a bit longer yet tho SGK! wink

sparklygothkat Tue 18-Sep-07 16:24:43

I have an appointment and scan tomorrow so will ask them, He has just pushed down onto my cervix again, and it made me cry out, dd2 is scared now

Said to DH that he will have to do the school run on his own, as its begining to hurt lots when walking, and I don't want to end up on bedrest in hospital, and you think I had just asked him to build a house or something hmm

daydreambeliever Tue 18-Sep-07 16:27:53

I had a stich like pain in my low abdomen on doing long walks from about 20 weeks. It was quite scary when I was walking up a hill on one occasion. I had to come back down slowly, in stages, it eased when resting. Wasnt anything though, baby was born at full term and well. I think jus take it easy, if theres no pain at rest then just rest and see how you go.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: