Talk

Advanced search

November 2020 Babies - Thread 6!

(997 Posts)
BuffaloCauliflower Thu 07-May-20 13:33:15

New thread for the November 2020 club - looking forward to more scan pictures!

Pink15 Thu 07-May-20 13:38:57

Thanks for making the new thread smile

FlashesOfRage Thu 07-May-20 13:47:50

Thanks @BuffaloCauliflower😍 x

ACatCalledLola Thu 07-May-20 13:51:53

Thanks for the new thread!

Natopp Thu 07-May-20 13:52:17

Whoop!!

Now I've had my scan I'd like to join the FB group please? If anyone could help me. I deleted fb years ago but recently made a new one for pub quizzes and to video my nanny 😊 so when I join it may look like a fake profile but promise it is not!!! It has my real name on it. Any help appreciated with getting me added xxx

MyFirstBaby93 Thu 07-May-20 13:52:58

Going to mark my place on this new thread! 6 days until my first scan! Yay!

Symptoms all but gone by now. It's a nice change. smile

BuffaloCauliflower Thu 07-May-20 14:00:49

Im a bit nervous about joining the Facebook group. I discuss things here (Mumsnet in general) that I wouldn’t necessarily want connected to me, I like the anonymity. So being seen on Facebook and clearly linked to me here is a bit of a concern

60sPony Thu 07-May-20 14:06:21

@buffalocauliflower I don’t have FB so will be sticking here. Hopefully enough of us will stay on this platform to keep up the conversation!

AnxiousLady1 Thu 07-May-20 14:14:33

Thanks for the new group!

I'm not on Facebook either. I fact, I requested all my data off then earlier this week and permanently deleted my account. MN is the only form of social media I am on as I deleted Instagram and Twitter a couple of years ago. I just couldn't have been arsed anymore! [Smile]

FlashesOfRage Thu 07-May-20 14:21:32

I forgot someone asked if I have a bump yet 😅

SqidgeBum Thu 07-May-20 14:35:47

@FlashesOfRage that's such a cute bump! You look great

BuffaloCauliflower Thu 07-May-20 14:35:56

@AnxiousLady1 cloth nappies! One thing Facebook IS really good for, cloth nappy groups. I’ve been in them since we started TTC as I knew it’s what we’d go for and I’m a knowledge junkie.

I’d definitely recommend doing the Nappy Lady questionnaire on her site, but she doesn’t sell everything. Some options will be better for different price brackets and whether or not you intend to use again with another child (we do) for newborn I’m thinking Bimbles newborn nappies with a wrap, probably Rumparooz but we’ll try a few.
For bigger baby I’m going to try pockets and all in twos, and will probably end up using a mixture.

www.easypeasynappies.co.uk/easy-peasy-eco-bimble-newborn-nappy-single-448-p.asp

Kingdom of Fluff is great too

www.kingdomfluff.co.uk/

AnxiousLady1 Thu 07-May-20 14:55:50

Thanks @BuffaloCauliflower! I've just completed the Nappy Lady Questionnaire. I had a quick look on the other sites you mentioned. As I'm Irish I'm particularly bemused by the whole range of 'Paddy Plaid' on Kingdom of Fluff. Told my DH that solved the issue, and we'll just buy a bunch of those, lol.

eleanorsos Thu 07-May-20 14:56:34

Place marking on the new thread, thanks for starting 😊

BuffaloCauliflower Thu 07-May-20 15:02:26

@AnxiousLady1 sounds like a plan 😂 there’s a huge pit of brands and prints to fall down, if you’re enticed by that sort of thing (I am) as well as all the different options for functionality as well. Different brands will suit different shaped babies, some babies seem to wee more than others, etc etc

Wise0wl Thu 07-May-20 15:08:15

Having a mad day but place marking and will get up to speed over the weekend!

Clove20 Thu 07-May-20 15:10:26

Hi ladies,

Nice to see everyone's scan photos!

I have my scan next Thursday x

IAmSeriousAndDontCallMeShirley Thu 07-May-20 15:11:58

Joining the new thread. Anxiously awaiting a date for my scan, it feels like it's been ages!its been a slow 11 weeks! Lol

ACatCalledLola Thu 07-May-20 15:24:49

@Natopp I will add you if you pm me your email address. @BuffaloCauloflower it’s a completely secret group so no one on your real fb will even know you’re part of it. I understand your worries though. Someone on dd2’s group set up a completely fake profile to join. She’s still on there over 3 years later and actually uses her real name now. It’s an option. I don’t really use fb except for my mn groups.

Natopp Thu 07-May-20 15:28:28

Here's one of my scan pics, forgot to attach! Detail is so clear!

Bear72 Thu 07-May-20 15:34:19

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has had the same thing as me.... I have sore boobs after my period, period lasted only 2-3 days and stopped suddenly.. I was also 5 or so days late! I’m also 48 years young. Thank you in advance x

HarrietM87 Thu 07-May-20 15:43:22

I’ve closed down my FB now - I didn’t want to put anything on about my son when he was born and then it felt really weird to have it with no mention of him so I stopped using it. So I hope this thread keeps going!

Hancock2020 Thu 07-May-20 15:44:12

Still here 😊

TangBloodyFastic Thu 07-May-20 15:53:15

It was me who asked @FlashesOfRage so funny to think two little munchkins are lording it up in there 🥰

I don't have fb so won't be joining the group I'm afraid, I like the anonymity of MN and couldn't do with the drama of fb

Thread 6 already and we are still (mostly) In the first trimester 😂

SMcG1 Thu 07-May-20 16:20:05

Place marking smile it’s been so good to see everyone’s scans recently.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »