Talk

Advanced search

Changing bags: which one would you recomend?

(20 Posts)
Bmama Mon 17-Sep-07 20:46:56

Hi!! I am looking for a changing bag but I don´t really know what to look for.. Is there any that you would recomend? Thanks!!

Cappuccino Mon 17-Sep-07 20:48:06

a big bag that you like from a normal shop

with a changing mat & messy bag bought from minkinappies.co.uk

not a changing bag they are overpriced ugly items

oooggs Mon 17-Sep-07 20:51:27

I've got this one and love it

Bmama Mon 17-Sep-07 20:54:59

Thanks oooggs!! it looks quite nice. Does it have a shoulder strap?

bagpuss Mon 17-Sep-07 20:55:10

I liked my skip hop duo when ds2 was tiny but now just use a portable mat thing which has pockets for nappies and wipes (think it is also Skip Hop) and carry a normal handbag.

tulip27 Mon 17-Sep-07 20:58:31

Over the years and births I have brought many changing bags but always opted for a normal bsg in the end.

MrsTittleMouse Mon 17-Sep-07 21:00:41

I use the Mothercare black courier-style one. It's very useful with lots of pockets and a changing mat, but to be honest, the reason why I bought it is that DH is happy to use it too! Most of the others he wouldn't be seen dead with, and I didn't want to give him an excuse to get out of it. grin [whispers - DH is actually very good with DD, just didn't want to look like a wuss]

Trinityrhino Mon 17-Sep-07 21:00:43

SKIP HOP SKIP HOP SKIP HOP

definitely a skip hop bag I would say grin

whomovedmychocolate Mon 17-Sep-07 21:01:18

I don't bother with one, tiny handbag, a nappy, a plastic bag to put the nappy in (we use real nappies) a rolled up liner for wiping. There is normally water whereever you are and also changing facilities. It's not the end of the world to have to change a nappy on a cleanish floor.

I have two nappy bags. They are far too big. You can get a sleepsuit and changing stuff in a normal bag.

wheelybug Mon 17-Sep-07 21:01:52

Another vote for skip hop.

puffylovett Mon 17-Sep-07 21:01:53

what cappucino said. i had a change bag for a few months, which got me organised, but got fed up being a grunge mummy and switched to a ordinary Big Bag which i love.

oooggs Mon 17-Sep-07 21:06:05

Bmama - yes it does have a shoulder strap but I haven't needed to use it. Have been using it for 5.5 months and is big enough for the twins stuff and still looks brand new. Have also been asked whether it was a changing bag or not - which is a bonus.

TheBlonde Mon 17-Sep-07 21:08:33

I use a normal bag most days but have two skip hops and a gap bag

I would recommend the skiphops
happybags.co.uk have a good selection

walbert Mon 17-Sep-07 21:10:49

A rugsack style tends to get your dh more willing to carry it, and they are comfier to carry for long walkks or sling over pram handlebars!

willukee Mon 17-Sep-07 21:12:03

skip hop is great- it depends of what sort of person you are whether you get tiny bag/ massive one- i would say do get a bag big enough to put plenty of stuff in if you lke to be ready for all eventualities- nappy changes /puking over clothes- spare toys/ pants for toddlers.for me i think it makes life less stressful.

Sixer Mon 17-Sep-07 21:17:47

Really would go for a bag YOU like that's a sensible size, then go for a small foldable changing mat. TBH you are going to be carrying a bag for your LO for a few years, so think of yourself and what you are happy to carry.

Bmama Mon 17-Sep-07 21:56:03

Thanks everybody for your suggestions. I think I have a better idea now of what to get

midnightexpress Tue 18-Sep-07 08:39:04

I was given a lovely one when I was pg with ds1, but since ds2 came along, I just use a backpack (much easier to carry with two los to manhandle as well and bung everything in there).

spugs Tue 18-Sep-07 09:02:59

i have a blue satchel type thing that cost £3.99 nfrom H&M. its big but i use cloth nappies full time so i need the space. just as good as any other changing bag ive seen grin

claraq Tue 18-Sep-07 09:31:31

You might not think you need a big bag when you have a newborn but wait until it's weaned and you are out for the whole day...try carrying two bottles of milk, a meal, some snacks, some water, a few nappies, wipes, bags to put dirty nappies in, a change of clothes, some muslin clothes, a couple of toys, your own stuff like purse, mobile phone, dark glasses etc....

Get something ergonomically friendly - eg that doesn't give you back ache!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now