Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

this may turn into a TMI topic but constipation and trapped wind

(15 Posts)
MerlinsBeard Sun 16-Sep-07 18:25:54

OW how much does this hurt?

What can i do to make it less painful? what will make me regualr again??

I cannot stand prune juice or dried fruit-in fact they make me heave!

Naetha Sun 16-Sep-07 18:28:29

Bran flakes works for me

Big bowl for breakfast evert morning, keeps you going until lunchtime, and the milk has lots of calcium too

Eaglebird Sun 16-Sep-07 22:14:03

2 bowls of Shredded Wheat Fruitful a day works for me.

Wilkie Sun 16-Sep-07 22:16:48

Hey MoM!!!!!!! We were never on Jan thread together but you pop in from time to time. Am so pleased to read you are having constipation I take it things are progressing well?????

I resorted to Lactulose prescribed by the GP which worked an absolute treat. Sorted me out and then I just took it every now and again if I felt constipated.

I refused to push blush for fear of pushing LO out (weird but was my fear)!

xxx

paolosgirl Sun 16-Sep-07 22:19:31

Lots and lots and lots of water.

All bran.

Lactulose.

I sympathise - nothing helped me much towards the end, until I had a reflexology session to try and get the overdue DS out!

susiemj Sun 16-Sep-07 22:41:52

My doctor said that all fruit would help, not just prunes. It has worked for me so far. I eat bran too. Good luck!

moondog Sun 16-Sep-07 22:43:03

Y'know, I've never understood what the euphemism 'trapped wind' means. Does it refer to a fart that won't come out?
If not,why not just say it?

<confused>

paolosgirl Sun 16-Sep-07 22:44:42

No idea - but trapped wind feels like it's in your stomach, and it's bloody sore.

MrsThierryHenry Sun 16-Sep-07 22:44:54

I never had constipation during pregnancy: I put it down to a nightly dose of psyllium husks (get the whole husks, not the powdered stuff). Health food shops do it.

You put a teaspoonful of the stuff in half a small glass of water (add juice or something to make it taste less like wallpaper paste). Gulp it down in a second, and then wait until the morning rumble.

It's not tasty, but it's totally natural and should do the trick.

Good luck!

spottyshoes Sun 16-Sep-07 22:49:03

Alot of people say fresh OJ but thats a myth. Fresh figs are fab, they = woosh. They're only small too so you could hold your nose whilst you swallow one. If not - peppermint tea, peppermints, peppermint capsules...you get the idea. This is prescribed to anyone that has had surgery on the stomach/womb area as it dissapaits the trapped wind that is inevitably left after they close you up. Does actually work.
x

MrsThierryHenry Sun 16-Sep-07 23:14:03

spottyshoes, LOL at "whoosh"!!!

spugs Mon 17-Sep-07 12:47:30

mom- i was crippled this morning by mine bloomin agony, 2nd time i went to the loo it had gone the other way if you know what i mean blush
if your taking vits with iron in try stopping taking them, mines been much better since i did. also make sure your drinking loads of water.
hope it passes (ha ha you get it) soon x

TinaFay Mon 17-Sep-07 15:27:37

It's so reassuring to know you're all suffering from this too! I think I've developed piles now as well - or at least I think it's pile - not going into detail but it's incredibly sore and I'm too embarrassed to visit the doctor about it!
Fresh fruit seem to work for me. I hate prunes (was force-fed them as a child due to constipation) and dried fruit, and bran flakes etc.. yes I'm very fussy. However, out of utter desperation last week I went on a fresh fruit shopping spree and filled up my basket with all my favourites - melon, strawberries, pink lady apples... and have been making myself a large fresh fruit salad each day and you know what? It's not only extremely yummy but seems to have got me moving again too. Do drink lots as well though as I also think that's part of my problem as I drink very little and am very bad.

MerlinsBeard Mon 17-Sep-07 21:22:00

i forgot i had posted this...thank you for all teh replies!

Have sticked up on fresh fruit so will see if that works...am not too bad today actually

moondog, trapped wind for me emans literally wind that gets trapped. not always farts or burps, sometimes wind just dissipates without needing to come out but at the moment it is gettuing stuck and it hurts!!

Wilkie, i rememeber you form the Jan threads am now 13+4 according to scan

MrsPsquiggle Tue 18-Sep-07 08:41:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now