Talk

Advanced search

Intense itching

(6 Posts)
jendave Sun 16-Sep-07 12:22:57

I am 6 weeks pregnant and have developed an itching rash on my face. I am also suffering with intense itching on my boby particularly my tummy and back, although there doesnt appear to be a rash there. Is this normal?

lailasmum Sun 16-Sep-07 12:26:50

is it necessarily anything to do with being pregnant. have you used a different product on your skin such as in the shower?

rozzyraspberry Sun 16-Sep-07 15:57:48

Hi jendave - I have had itchy legs since I was around 6 weeks pregnant. No rash or anything - just gets red with my scratching. They tend to be itchier in the evening for some reason.

Finally got round to seeing my GP on Thursday (now 19 weeks) and she said it was just pregnancy hormone related itching. Said to keep cool and moist and try not to use soap if possible. Prescribed me a big tub of E45 to slap on when it itches. She said it should go one or two weeks after baby's born.

Worth going to the doctor if it continues as I think itching in pregnancy can be a sign of other conditions which would need to be checked out. Also you get free prescriptions when pregnant which is better than spending a fortune on creams and things when you're saving for a baby.

inglis Sun 16-Sep-07 22:16:52

I think itching is one of those frustrating side effects of pregnancy (and in most cases harmelss) but you should still get yourself to the doctor as can indicate more serious problems with your liver

mumzyof2 Sun 16-Sep-07 22:44:35

Yes, itching is a sign of something else sometimes. Google it and have a see.

fawkeoff Sun 16-Sep-07 22:46:29

yeah i itching late on in my pregnancy and had to be induced early because my lft levels where high.just keep an eye on it, but its worth telling ur midwife about hun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now