Talk

Advanced search

I HATE PARTNER AND SEX! AM I THE ONLY ONE??

(13 Posts)
mumzyof2 Fri 14-Sep-07 15:40:40

This is so frustrating, Im 9 weeks pg with my second, and cannot stand the thought of sex at the minute. My dp has been very patient, and I do feel awful about it, its only been once in the last six weeks!! I wasnt anythig like this with my first, quite the opposite actually. Also, Iv got no patience at all for my partner at the moment either. Its been going on for a couple of week now. Im quite an impatient person at the best of times, but at the minute, he seems to be driving me mad, and Iv even thought about leaving him, although I doubt I will. He just seems to annoy me so much! I know it is probably just my hormones. Does anybody else feel like this sometimes? And is it just my hormones?

bumperlicious Fri 14-Sep-07 15:49:59

I'm sure it is just your hormones, plus you are pg and running around after another child. Give it 7 months and you will be begging him for sex to get the baby out!

mellymooks Fri 14-Sep-07 16:00:23

Hi, well I'm currently 28 wks along and have had no libido since the start!!!!! To begin with I just felt really sick and rough so was the last thing I fancied, now I just seem to have no sex drive what so ever, which is so crap as usually feel really passionate. My bloke is being lovely about it, but I feel bad......

I have also had MAJOR grumpy moments and seem to have a few days that combine all the worst PMT I've ever had into a lethal dose, usually aimed straight at my man!

So don't worry you're definitly not alone and hopefully it will pass as your pregnancy progresses!

mumzyof2 Fri 14-Sep-07 16:01:49

Oh good, it doesnt help that I feel so sick constanly too. The only thing I can stomach is cereal, and thats at a push. Glad Im not the only one raging with 'crazy lady' hormones!

mellymooks Fri 14-Sep-07 16:08:29

Oh it's so rubbish isn't it? I hope it passes quickly for you, I ate hardly anything the first few weeks, existed off bagels, cereal (esp ready brek!) and choc angel delight!!! I just felt really fussy and just had to nibble at things, digestive biscuits before I got up in the morning def. helped with sickness and nausea first thing in the morning.

Loopymumsy Fri 14-Sep-07 19:57:17

Message withdrawn

oregonianabroad Fri 14-Sep-07 20:07:50

Wierd, isn't it? I am so used to having a raging libido, and ever since pg with ds1, I am so not interested... mostly (random acts of passion have been known).

didsnbump Fri 14-Sep-07 20:49:53

I know exactly how you felt mumzyof 2. Im know 23 weeks, but back around 8-12 weeks not only did i have to really push myself to have sex but i was arquing with my hubby non stop, to the point i did walk out one day. We sorted it out but i spent many of evening thinking about leaving him. Everything he did (or more like didnt do) drove me mad!!

Now though everything is really good. I still dont want sex but we are no longer arquing and he isnt driving me mad anymore, he has actually become more helpfull and caring then he has ever been, i couldnt ask for more!!!

Just give it time, not only is it your hormones making u extra sensitive but he has to get used to your new needs as a pg woman again which for most normal men isnt easy!!!

Alfie72 Fri 14-Sep-07 22:26:09

Nah passion, libido out the window from about 12 weeks if i remember...The second trimester I was told I would be insatiable...nope, that didn't happen.
Then I spent 2 months whining " do you still fancy me "
Got 2 weeks to go and I can't say that I'll be that keen after a c section either. my poor DH has the patience of a saint !!

mumzyof2 Sat 15-Sep-07 12:57:46

Its amazing how patient these men become regarding sex when were pregnant, isnt it. If I wasnt pregnant, DP wuld be whining non-stop about it.
Didsnbump, you sound just like me! wink

missbumpy Sat 15-Sep-07 14:11:38

I've been totally off sex since I found out I was pg. I was far too nauseous in the beginning but now it's more general tiredness and just not being in the mood. I do feel sorry for my DP and I do worry that it's not good for our relationship.

mumzyof2 Sat 15-Sep-07 20:17:38

Im sure he'll understand, he wont have much choice! wink

sarahloumadam Sun 16-Sep-07 19:49:36

I have not been feeling sexy at all - DH keeps telling me about friends who report that their DPs were really horny during pregnancy - lol! Bless him, I think he feels its all a big conspiracy. I have also been v.short-tempered with him but try to make it up to him in-between. There is a very funny clip from Frasier on youtube here which I showed DH to demonstrate he wasn't the only one going through this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now