Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

early first trimester - fetal size - should I worry?

(7 Posts)
loisstella Thu 13-Sep-07 12:38:43

I went to have a private scan on Monday - to calm my nerves.
According to my (pretty accurately) guessed dates I was 8 weeks exactly that day.
Scan showed me a beautiful little bean with a perfect heartbeat (158bpm) in line with that date.
Doctor said it was only 1.2 cm though which would make it only 7+2 weeks.
She told me not to worry - but of course, secretly, I now am.
Anyone got experience with this?

lailasmum Thu 13-Sep-07 12:41:50

i think its really normal to vary by a bit from average expectations. In my first pregnancy I was told my daughter was really small and my dates were moved by about 3 weeks then she was still 10 days overdue and just really small. People are not all the same and so its fairly unrealistic to expect all babies to be the same.

belgo Thu 13-Sep-07 12:43:02

Please don't worry. It's a difference of just five days, which is probably within the margin of error.

Conception doesn't always occur on the day you ovulate.

NAB3 Thu 13-Sep-07 12:44:01

It is normal. Don't worry.

mostlyalurker Thu 13-Sep-07 12:44:20

I wouldn't worry about this at all. The measurements are only a guide.We are all different sizes and we all grow at different rates. 5 days is not much of a discrepency.

feedmenow Thu 13-Sep-07 12:56:24

I had 2 scans within a couple of weeks - the first showed me bang on my dates and the second they moved me forward by 4 days. It just shows that babies do not all grow at exactly the same rate. If the sonographer wasn't concerned then I'm sure all is fine, so try not to worry. xx

EllieG Thu 13-Sep-07 21:00:50

My scan has changed my date too, I think it's because conception isn't always dead on ovulation, and ovulation can change too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now