Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Misery Loves Company...The Moan Thread.

(18 Posts)
PregnantGrrrl Thu 13-Sep-07 08:26:48

What would you like to moan about?

I have a sore back, and DS's cold. I am miserable. I also have a hankering for West Indian food, which my friend's Nan used to cook me as a child...i have no idea how to cook West Indian food...it's p**sing me right off. What kind of loon wants rice and peas for breakfast!?

spugs Thu 13-Sep-07 08:41:11

the free mag you get in asda has a recipie for peas and rice in it and jerk chicken

theressomethingaboutmarie Thu 13-Sep-07 08:48:25

I'd like to moan about heartburn that I suffered last night/this morning from about 7:30pm until just before 4am today sad. I ended up getting up at 1:30am to go downstairs to avoid disturbing DH any further. I tried Gaviscon, peppermint tea, yoga stretches, walking around etc to no avail. A mug of warm milk finally settled me (and stopped me crying with the frustration of it all) at 4am and I went back to bed. Very tired and don't finish work until next week (am 36 +1)

FlossALump Thu 13-Sep-07 08:51:36

That I was due yesterday. sad

potoroo Thu 13-Sep-07 08:52:28

I am 38 weeks and I have an assignment due on Friday.
And my kitchen is currently a few cabinets and a lot of sawdust. We are cooking on the BBQ outside and washing up in the bathroom sink.
But I'm more concerned about the assignment (DS is home today so no working for me!)

spugs Thu 13-Sep-07 08:53:43

oh some t*&t put out our car window last night angry

PregnantGrrrl Thu 13-Sep-07 09:07:41

really spugs?! i feel a trip to Asda coming on.

lisad123 Thu 13-Sep-07 09:14:40

That everytime i go to the hospital for appointment, they jump up and down about everything, talk about possible delivery that day, send me for loads of tests, and then say alls well go home My appointment normally stretches to atleast 4-5 hours!! shock
That and I cant sleep grin

Sarahjct Thu 13-Sep-07 11:35:22

- I'm knackered
- bored at work
- bump is on movement strike
- have worked out that when I return to work I'll be schlepping up to London 5 days a week for the grand total of £120 per month
- I'm sitting at a desk when I want to be lying on the sofa

angry

Chirpygirl Thu 13-Sep-07 11:41:52

DH sold my car yesterday and the 'new' (new to me!) one doesn't arrive until Friday, and I live on top of a hill so I can't go anywhere without having to walk uphill to get home.
I keep having BH's and pain in my bump that comes to nothing.
I feel sick and am having such bad heartburn my weetabix and milk is repeating on me.
My IL's are due to turn up this afternoon, the house is a tip and I can't be arsed to tidy, so MIL will 'help' and put everything in the wrong place.
AND my boobs hurt.

bluebell82 Thu 13-Sep-07 11:50:44

Every bugger came into work with a cold and flu the last two weeks, dosing themselves up etc.. they have now passed it onto me who can't take anything for it...
Sat at home knowing that everyone at work is thinking I am melodramatic and that 'I am only pregnant'..
Have family coming to stay this weekend when I would rather they didn't.. I could on!

sabinar Thu 13-Sep-07 12:05:35

I'll have in on the heart burn moan. Erk.
I can totally relate to theresomethingaboutmarie - i'm having exactly the same experience - it's bad at the best of times but when I lie down, it's awful and has been waking me up at night.

The latest remedy I've been using is Fruit Tingles... not sure if you can get them in the UK - they're a type of sweet - my sister brought a stack over from Australia. Apparently a doctor told a friend of hers that they work as good as anything for heart burn.

They're not perfect, but either they work a little or just distract me from the problem temporarily with their fizzy sweetness!

(although, at this rate, I'll be moaning about diabetes next!)

Chirpygirl Thu 13-Sep-07 18:24:13

Okay, time for another moan!
I've just gone to bed for a kip and woken up an hour and a half later feeling sick and worse than when I went up.
I'm starving, getting more BH's and I have cramp in my leg that I can't rub cos I can't reach it.

Sarahjct Thu 13-Sep-07 18:35:52

I had a row with a motorcyclist when I was driving home just now and it made me cry - I HATE things like that making me cry and feel so silly and hormonal. I wanted to tell him to F-off but couldn't

widgetsmummy Thu 13-Sep-07 18:51:26

I have neck ache - the kind that is more annoying than really painful but cannot get comfy on the sofa. Make it go away!

lisad123 Thu 13-Sep-07 22:54:53

some silly doc at the hospital tried to do a blood sample from artarty which is painful enough, but she couldnt do it, and then used tape im alleric too

PregnantGrrrl Fri 14-Sep-07 07:45:01

baby up half the night, i have work today, and my IBS is playing up. sad

Chirpygirl Fri 14-Sep-07 08:18:46

Okay, my turn again?

After I asked DH to sleep in spare room so I could get some kip I woke up in tears every 2 hours in the night after having horrible nightmares, and I slept funny tangled up in sheets and duvets so have pulled a muscle in my thigh and can't walk properly.

I have to say though, horrible as it sounds reading everyone else's moans makes me feel a little better! I do feel ungrateful sometimes as I am pregnant with a healthy baby, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one that gets fed up at times!

(Hope you aren't still here Floss)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now