Talk

Advanced search

Maternity pads

(13 Posts)
Purpleshoes13 Tue 07-Apr-20 10:01:47

Hi,

I'm due in 10 days and have packed 2 packs of maternity pads in my hospital bag and hopefully have another pack coming with a click and collect delivery the day before I'm due.

I presume I will definitely need more than this but can't seem to find any online anywhere they are all sold out. I've checked boots, superdrug, savers, wilko etc

Please don't judge me but I don't want to go out to a shop and I don't want my husband to go out as if he gets the virus I'll have to give birth alone.

Can anyone suggest an online shop I might not of tried please?

LaceyLou42 Tue 07-Apr-20 10:04:38

I got a 30 pack of lil-let’s off amazon delivered about 2 weeks ago

SparkleUK Tue 07-Apr-20 10:07:07

Are you able to get a supermarket delivery in time with some household bits you need and pop them on there?
I found Sainsburys maternity pads were a bit naff but Asda were like a mattress and much comfier for healing

Elouera Tue 07-Apr-20 10:07:55

I assumed you've tried online delivery for supermarkets? The slots for some open at midnight, but in my area, they are gone within seconds.

Amazon or ebay?
Any maternity shops online?
If nothing else at all, either use a newborn nappy on yourself or cut up a bathroom towel

ThatDreamSheep Tue 07-Apr-20 10:16:22

How many do you have in a pack? I would have thought 3 packs would be enough and then move onto regular pads (it was for me, sorry if it isnt for you). Also the hospital gave me some super strength ones to start with.

Crackerscheesescabbyknees Tue 07-Apr-20 10:22:34

The hospital will hook you up with some maahoosive lady mattresses whilst you're there. You may find you're able to go down to panty liners after a short while. Don't panic too much about them. Stick to ordering online smile

Crackerscheesescabbyknees Tue 07-Apr-20 10:24:16

www.amazon.co.uk/Lil-Lets-Maternity-Extra-Thick-Wings/dp/B07LBLQSWP/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=maternity+pads+after+birth&sprefix=materni&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&qid=1586251384&sr=8-3

This would have been more helpful!

pinkmummy1 Tue 07-Apr-20 10:27:35

Try incontinence pads. There thinner and more comfy.

Purpleshoes13 Tue 07-Apr-20 10:33:06

Thank you all for the reassurance and suggestions. I've got some coming in an online shop but I've heard a lot about odd substitutions.

I will give amazon a try.

Spam88 Tue 07-Apr-20 10:35:32

Three packs will be plenty to get you started, plus when you're in the hospital you can use the ones they provide. Then your DH can pop out and get more after baby is here (or you can use sanitary towels if you don't have stitches).

TerribleCustomerCervix Tue 07-Apr-20 10:35:43

I used a pack of tena lady pants for the first few days after dc2 and they were amazing.

Boots ones are the best as they’re super super spongy.

Once you’re finished with the maternity pads you have you could move on to normal pads as long as they aren’t those daft scented ones. I found the first few days very heavy (hence the Tena pants) but it quickly dropped to a medium flow period and then got lighter again.

MrsPear Tue 07-Apr-20 10:36:33

Also try the more natural shops - spirit or nature for example

MrsPear Tue 07-Apr-20 10:36:42

Holland and Barrett

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »