Talk

Advanced search

Test line darker than control line

(11 Posts)
Bee1710 Thu 02-Apr-20 22:36:19

Hi,
I took test 2 days late (top 2) and 3 days late (bottom 2). The test line is darker than the control line isn't it the opposite? Have they mistakenly placed the strip opposite way so the control line is actually the test line. Also the 2nd and 4th test I took after holding pee forfor more than 5 hours so I'm assuming that's why it's dark . Plus the test line came straight away doesn't it take a minute or two to come up.. these are not expired tests and were from 2 separate boxes. Can they mess up 2 batches that were ordered months apart (one box I had bought months ago the other few days ago)

OP’s posts: |
Persipan Thu 02-Apr-20 23:09:38

The test line can be darker than the control line once your HCG level rises; it's normal and nothing to be concerned about. With FRERs, they're very sensitive, so it's something that happens relatively early on.

Congratulations!

Bee1710 Sat 04-Apr-20 17:49:32

Thank you smile

BuffaloCauliflower Sat 04-Apr-20 17:52:35

Yeh your HCG is basically so high it’s stealing dye from the control line smile congrats!

BuffaloCauliflower Sat 04-Apr-20 17:55:09

I also did a One Step test yesterday because I was feeling a bit anxious (I’m 7 weeks...) and the test line came up thicker and stronger than the control line!

quarantinevibes Sat 04-Apr-20 18:33:21

It’s just a strong positive. Congratulations flowers

ChampooPapi Sun 05-Apr-20 10:37:15

@Bee1710 congratulations! What you have there is a positive pregnancy test 👣✨

Mumsnet can definitely skew views about what tests look like because people (including me this third time round) test so God dam early.

Until this pregnancy I thought all pregnancy tests looked like yours because my first two pregnancies I tested about a week to ten days after I was due af. So all my tests previously have had fat strong lines bigger then the control.

Looking at the two outcomes of those playing in front of me right now 😄

Bee1710 Sun 05-Apr-20 22:07:39

Thank you so so much everyone.
@BuffaloCauliflower many congratulations flowers

@ChampooPapi thank You!! Haha thats sweet..

Reason I'm a bit scared is this is my 3rd pregnancy... have a daughter from my 1st and the 2nd was a mmc.. so so scared.. hopefully it'll be fine this time smile

SYYY Fri 04-Sep-20 14:05:45

Hello, just adding to this thread as I am one day late (but only for second period since mirena removal after 4.5 years with no period) and have just done a basic boots test and the test line is strong and the control line is faint, but there are definitely 2 lines. I am worried I mis-fired when I was doing it and some went above the arrow - would you suggest doing a second test just to be sure?

SallyCinnamon3009 Sun 06-Sep-20 13:31:21

Mine were exactly the same when I was testing in May string line and really faint control line which got fainter.

Caused me a couple of days of panic but now 20 weeks along with a healthy baby boy

BertieBotts Sun 06-Sep-20 13:36:16

SYYY

Hello, just adding to this thread as I am one day late (but only for second period since mirena removal after 4.5 years with no period) and have just done a basic boots test and the test line is strong and the control line is faint, but there are definitely 2 lines. I am worried I mis-fired when I was doing it and some went above the arrow - would you suggest doing a second test just to be sure?

No, you've just tested a bit early. Wait 48 hours and test again and the line will be stronger smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in