Talk

Advanced search

Self esteem!

(8 Posts)
Olivia20188 Sun 29-Mar-20 18:45:01

My boyfriend is wrecking my self esteem in this pregnancy, I’m not I’m not sure if it’s because I’m being overly sensitive or he’s just being out of order. I run a salon and he was just like you have nothing to teach the child you just run a salon you have no skills and you can’t cook ( I have said I will learn) There is so many times where it just puts me down constantly, I never react and I want to stay together in this pregnancy but I’m not sure if I can take it. He will say things like oh but he wants to make it work so we can be a real family and then contradicts himself later and say you know I need to settle down with someone and later on I will go off and get married (not to me clearly). I’m just confused and hurt by a lot of things he says. I don’t think I’m worthy in his eyes and I’m not sure if I should stay with him for the baby anymore. Why does he behave this way.

FluffMagnet Sun 29-Mar-20 18:52:40

He sounds vile and emotionally abusive. Leave him - you'll have a much happier life and so will your baby. I'm sorry you've found yourself with such a bully.

sassenach84 Sun 29-Mar-20 20:25:07

Holy shit he sounds like a terrible person! Get rid asap. I'm suspecting this was going on already before you got pregnant... it's very obviously verbal and emotional abuse.

BabyDancer Sun 29-Mar-20 20:41:20

Wowzers. He shouldn't be talking to you like that.

You deserve to have a supportive partner that loves you for who you are. Why doesn't he learn to cook if it's such a big deal?

I would sit him down and tell him that if he doesn't get his act together and start being more supportive then he needs to leave.

littlemissalwaystired Sun 29-Mar-20 20:45:40

Abuse, whether physical or emotional, starts for 1 in 4 women in pregnancy. He's emotionally abusing you. PLEASE reach out to your midwife, she'll know how to help you.

TripleASays Mon 30-Mar-20 06:17:42

I'm so sorry you're going through this. You have plenty to offer as a mother, so please don't let this clown get in your head!

As above, please reach out to your midwife about this xx

Goldenmother Mon 30-Mar-20 09:02:03

Please leave this vile man you've plenty to offer a child It doesn't matter what job any of us have all that matters is the child is loved happy and secure

goldpartyhat Mon 30-Mar-20 10:22:50

I'm assuming he wasn't like this before you got pregnant? Abusive men start their abuse during pregnancy, and this is what he is doing. If you have support elsewhere then ditch him. If you are desperate to keep him, tell him it stops and he becomes supportive, or it's finished, but he will be paying for his baby for the next 18 years,

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »