Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in lower bump. Not contractions

(15 Posts)
sparklygothkat Mon 10-Sep-07 23:36:45

I am pretty sure its not contractions, its more in my hips area. Am nearly 32 weeks, what could it be??

unicorn Mon 10-Sep-07 23:39:09

could it possibly be the pelvic ligaments loosening up?
all sorts of things have been shifting for me
(35 weeks!)

sparklygothkat Mon 10-Sep-07 23:40:31

all i know is it hurts.. especially when I am walking

lulumama Mon 10-Sep-07 23:40:40

round ligament pain?

sparklygothkat Mon 10-Sep-07 23:46:58

ah ha! I did wonder, nothing to worry about then.. Sorry for all these silly threads (considering this is #4) but its been 6 years and I have forgotten what pregancy is actually like

revelyell Tue 11-Sep-07 13:02:50

sparkly im getting the same at 30 weeks. took me half an hour to do a 5 minute walk this morning as im getting really painful stabbing, searing pains just where bump meets hips whenever i walk...it REALLY hurts!

i dont think im gonna call my midwife though, as far as ican tell theres a load of aches and pains that remain unexplained...

ps.must come and join you back on the november thread! i took a holiday and now cant seem to keep up enough to jump back in! x

sparklygothkat Tue 11-Sep-07 14:26:36

It took me ages to walk from the car to morrisons today, and then around the shops. Its only there when I am walking, I am going to try and get an appointment with the MW this thursday because I am high risk and don't want to risk it tbh

revelyell Tue 11-Sep-07 16:36:46

oh yes you are arent you, in that case do get it checked out (and let me know what they say!)

RGPargy Tue 11-Sep-07 17:06:15

I get a stitch-like pain most of the time when i walk. Couple that with my foot that's playing up (think i've twisted the tendons or summat) and it takes me hours to walk anywhere!!

sparklygothkat Tue 11-Sep-07 18:36:14

grrr the receptionist at the GPs refused to book me into see the MW on thursday, even though the MW said she would see me at any time I needed, and just to ask them to tag me on the end of her appointments... so now I have to phone the MW at 9am on thursday to ask her to see me..

sparklygothkat Tue 11-Sep-07 19:51:00

its worse today, I can barely move now. I know I should go in but I know its not contractions as it all stops as soon as I sit down

RGPargy Tue 11-Sep-07 19:52:49

do you think they're BH, Sparkly?

sparklygothkat Tue 11-Sep-07 19:53:48

no, its not my bump, its in my hips.

kindersurprise Tue 11-Sep-07 20:48:48

I had pain in my back, hips and down my leg when pregnant with DS. The gyn couldn't find a reason for it and I eventually went to a osteopath to see if it was something unconnected to the pregancy.

He had a quick look, got me to lie on my stomach (ha, I was about 32 weeks preg, had to support my bump with my arms) then he pressed hard on my spine.

The pain disappeared immediately. I couldn't believe it. It was like something on one of these evangalistic shows, I wanted to jump up and down and shout "Praise Jesus, I am healed"

He said that one of the vertabrae was out of alignment and he had just popped it back in. Apparently not uncommon in late pregnancy.

Don't know if you are suffering from something similar, but if the midwife/docs don't help then it might be worth finding an osteopath.

sparklygothkat Tue 11-Sep-07 20:51:26

lol Kinder!! grin That made me smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now