Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Am I losing my baby?

(15 Posts)
mumzyof2 Mon 10-Sep-07 17:03:15

I am 8 weeks pregnant with my 2nd, and I have just been on an online midwives site www.midwivesonline.com and on the FAQ bit in the pregnancy section, it said that if your boobs stop hurting before the firt trimester is over, then it COULD be a sign of your hormones depleting, ready for a miscarriage. My boobs stopped hurting sometime last week, so is that what is happening? Are they meant to hurt for much longer? I know this may sound silly, but I have an all-mightly fear of losing this baby.

DANCESwithTheMorningOff Mon 10-Sep-07 17:04:39

It's not necessarily a sign. My boobs were really sore with dd(my first) and on and off with ds(2nd) - he's now a fighting fit toddler. Hope everything is ok, try not to worry.

Twiglett Mon 10-Sep-07 17:05:38

oh sweetheart please please don't take stuff from the internet like that

boobs hurting for 12 weeks???? really??? have never experienced that .. maybe for a few days very early on or a week or so around finding out conception .. but for first trimester

sounds like total rot

and will of course fill you with fear

please relax the only sign of an impending miscarriage is unfortunately it happening .. even bleeding does not necessarily mean a miscarriage

c'mon .. deep breath ... and repeat after me .. I shall not google again

HonorMatopoeia Mon 10-Sep-07 17:06:35

This pg my boobs have not been half as sore as they were with Dd1. I worried as well but am now 33 +6 so all was well. Hope it all works out for you x

DANCESwithTheMorningOff Mon 10-Sep-07 17:06:51

hello twig <waves> Haven't seen you around much lately.

PurlyQueen Mon 10-Sep-07 17:08:53

Some days I don't notice my boobs hurting and on others they hurt so much it makes me wince. The first time they stopped hurting I went on to google and scared myself silly. I've just had an 11 week scan and the little one was waving and moving its legs!
Everyone is different and the fact that your boobs have stopped hurting means nothing. Have a chat with your GP tomorrow to put your mind at rest.

iwouldgoouttonight Mon 10-Sep-07 17:09:06

I remember looking at that site when I was pregnant last year and convinced myself that all sorts of things were wrong! My boobs hardly hurt at all, in fact I hardly had any pregnancy symptoms all the way though (apart from a bump!) and rather than feeling lucky I just kept worrying something was wrong. So I know how you feel but I honestly think everything is fine.

Twiglett Mon 10-Sep-07 17:10:10

<waves at Dances> oh I've been busy scripting the next series of wonderpets smile

cornsilk Mon 10-Sep-07 17:10:50

Ignore it, it's probably crap. I scared myself by reading stuff like that when pregnant as well.

mumzyof2 Mon 10-Sep-07 17:11:41

Oh good, Im still petrified though. I hve been all the way through this pg, I dont know why. I think I just want this baby so much. Although I did with ds, and I wasnt ths silly and paranoid.

Twiglett Mon 10-Sep-07 17:13:30

its normal to be more aware of what can go wrong 2nd time round

normal

why don't you speak to midwife and ask for an early scan .. explain how paranoid you are possibly ... at least seeing a heartbeat might help

joopie Mon 10-Sep-07 17:15:26

don't believe a word of it, i had all my syptoms disapear at 8 weeks, then i had a bleed and really started paniking, and all for nothing as baby is still here and growing fine.

pooka Mon 10-Sep-07 17:17:05

I was much more prone to concern in the early stages of my second pregnancy than I was in my first. I think it was because second time round I was part of a larger circle of mums and therefore knew more about what can go wrong.
First time round I just assumed blithely that all would be well. And fortunately for me it was, both times.

DANCESwithTheMorningOff Mon 10-Sep-07 18:33:22

lol twig - I hope there's even MORE singing.

MamaMaiasaura Mon 10-Sep-07 21:10:29

not always a sign here either. I lost my symptoms for a week or so in 1st trimester and am 24 weeks now. As silly as it sounds, try not to worry x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now