Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pineapple????

(7 Posts)
cupcake78 Mon 10-Sep-07 11:11:35

Firstly does it actually work?

Is it the fruit I have to eat or can I just drink loads of juice etc. Does dried pineapple work?

Any advice please

controlfreaky2 Mon 10-Sep-07 11:13:02

work for what??????
piles? morning sickness?

Lizzylou Mon 10-Sep-07 11:13:12

When I was 38wks I was v fed up and was advised to eat pineapple, curries and have lots of sex (uncomfy at that stage!), I did and DS2 was born 2 days early, Ds1 had been 6 days late. No idea if it worked, but it made me feel like I was doing something!!!

preggersagain Mon 10-Sep-07 11:15:59

there is something in fresh pineapple that can kick off a hormonal change BUT by the time you've eaten enough to do this you will have the trots- which in turn may have an effect (a la castor oil but less dangerous!)

bagpuss Mon 10-Sep-07 11:18:40

I ate fresh pineapple at the end of my first two pregnancies and I did go into labour but I'm not sure whether the pineapple was to blame!

Nip Mon 10-Sep-07 11:20:41

I was getting very fed up and ate tonnes of pineapple - no idea if it worked or not, to be honest

mumzyof2 Mon 10-Sep-07 16:06:25

I blended two whole pineapples, and drank them like a smoothie, then went into labour the day after. It sounds a bit drastic, but i was due 30th December, and really didnt want ds to b born on xmas day, so he came on 23rd Decmeber instead. I was in labour for 40 hours, but would say the pineapple worked, oh, and rasberry leaf tea for labour..worked wonders, i think, but we'll never know for sur.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now