Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DENIM and being pregnant - just me??

(11 Posts)
mumzyof2 Sun 09-Sep-07 20:31:30

Is it just me? Or do other womens skin feel more sensitive when theyre pregnant? Im 8 weeks with my 2nd child, and although I dont recall this when I was pregnant last time, this time I CANNOT STAND wearing denim, when all I ever used to wear was jeans. I refuse to wear anyhing other than black trousers, you know the ones, because denim makes me feel SOOO itchy and cold (mainly cold because of increased things doing on...down there, eh hem), but just wondered if its in my head, or other women feel like me sometimes too.

susiemj Sun 09-Sep-07 22:09:59

Yup. Can't stand it. There's a reason why so many maternity clothes are made of jersey! i bought a pair of maternity jeans and have never been able to wear them for more than half an hour.

Alfie72 Sun 09-Sep-07 23:42:05

Go and check out mamas and papas- they have the nicest boyfriend jeans- really soft and sit well under the bump. Don't even look like maternity jeans. I tried topshop jeans which were like cardboard and i gave up - I have been converted !!

mumzyof2 Mon 10-Sep-07 16:08:55

Glad its not just m then, fel so fat and frumpy in everything. Just got the softest ever pair of maternity black trousers from next. the style is a little man-ish, but i cant get into anything else(im only 8 weeks, with 2nd), and cant stand denim anymore.

LucyK1978 Wed 12-Sep-07 12:33:17

Just read this post with interest, as was planning to go and buy some maternity jeans at the weekend but now not so sure after reading this.

The weather here has started to get quite chilly (I live in Germany) and all my maternity trousers are linen or 3/4 lengths - were great in summer! I normally get my pregnancy clothes in H&M, I wonder if they sell thicker trousers that aren't jeans/denim ... hmm

mumzyof2 Wed 12-Sep-07 12:39:40

Oh no, dont let us put you off, its just that denim seems to make me feel cold and uncomfortable all the time now im pregnant, whereas its all i lived in before. If you're still compfy in denim, there shouldnt be a problem. ALthough some denims are much more comfortable than others. I would do what Alfie72 said, and buy maternity clothes from people that only do maternity clothes, ie mams and papas, or mothercare (which you might dont have in germany)

LucyK1978 Wed 12-Sep-07 12:50:08

I haven't been able to get into my normal jeans since about 12 weeks of pregnancy, so have no idea how comfortable I would find it now. Have just looked on the H&M website and they sell cords as well as jeans so maybe I will go and try some on and see how they feel.

Thanks for the tip though, as don't want to wear uncomfortable clothes - not when things already feel a bit ouchy down there!! (Read someone's post on MN yesterday about pain in 'lady garden area' - fantastic phrase!!) grin

missbumpy Wed 12-Sep-07 12:58:05

I know what you mean. I have been wearing maternity jeans (topshop) but not that often. I prefer my soft jersey waistband skirts and loose dresses. I've also given up on any kind of lace on underwear. I definitely feel like my skin's more sensitive.

LucyK, don't be put off though. I recommend having at least one pair of jeans. Even though I wouldn't want to wear mine every day, they have been really useful. Get them bigger than you usually would though. I just hate having anything tight around my bump or even just under it.

MarchMum Wed 12-Sep-07 21:26:09

Not necessarily from clothes but I find my skin (body) is generally more sensitive, dry and irritated - i keep mosturizing and nothing happens. One of those hormonal things that could be contributing to your problem.

morningglory Thu 13-Sep-07 10:22:55

Great, it's not just me. I also don't remember my skin beng as sensitive the first time around and I distinctly remember wearing my mat jeans quite a bit. I thought that it was just because I dried them without softener that I was finding them uncomfortable. I'm living in leggings and sweatshirt dresses right now (so soft and comfy!), and plan on continuing throughout the pregnancy.

mumzyof2 Thu 13-Sep-07 12:14:38

I was the same first time round, wore my maternity jeans all the time. But I have always benn abit wierd with clothes. Cant wear jumpers, they make me itch, not as bad as I am now though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now