Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I know I'm being stupid but just been told baby is breech at 28 weeks. Tell me theres a good chance he will move!

(12 Posts)
Nbg Fri 07-Sep-07 14:37:24

Because I want a home birth!!!

sob sob sob

LadyTophamHatt Fri 07-Sep-07 14:38:58

nbg, at 28 weeks he'll probably turn a dozen more times before his arrival.

TheQueenOfQuotes Fri 07-Sep-07 14:39:12

plenty of time - DS3 was still breech at 33 weeks.....he arrived (head first wink) at 38+1 having a some point turned himself around . I believe they can turn of their own accord up to 37 weeks (or more????)

Nbg Fri 07-Sep-07 14:42:40

this is what i need to hear grin

mawbroon Fri 07-Sep-07 14:43:51

Loads of time.

littleducks Fri 07-Sep-07 14:57:49

lots and lots of time, if baby was head down he/she could turn breech in that time too, so its pretty irrelevant atm!

Neverenoughhandbags Fri 07-Sep-07 15:04:34

I agree, irrelevant-he/she will turn lots of somersaults up to about 36/37 weeks when it gets too snug in there!

designerbaby Fri 07-Sep-07 15:41:55

My M/W said she won't even mention position until 34 weeks... because it's not relevant.

DB
xx

JARM Fri 07-Sep-07 15:43:13

same here nbg - although not told by mw - i can tell by the kicks!

we have LOADS of time yet - hahahha she says manicly as she is trying to move house!

claraq Fri 07-Sep-07 17:16:06

Word of warning though. DD was breech at about 30? weeks when we had an unscheduled scan when I was living overseas. When I moved back to the UK I told my midwife she was breech (the baby that is not the midwife...). Anyway every appointment I told her I thought she was still breech but she kept saying she thought she was in the correct position. Until eventually she agreed she was not 100 per cent sure and sent me for another scan. She was still breech; she didn't turn and was finally born by elective c-section at 39 weeks.

So be aware. He/she might not turn (or might prefer to be head up and end up in that position).

LOVABUMP Fri 07-Sep-07 17:42:43

Your midwife can give you excercises to do to help baby turn, just involves crawling about on all fours, no running marathons or anything. My ds breech until 35 weeks then turned, now 31 weeks pg and baby lying across the way back to back, don't worry loads of time. Wish I could have home birth, my dh will not hear of it, think he worried about the carpets! Good luck.

Nbg Fri 07-Sep-07 19:05:14

Nice to hear positive things grin

I know theres loads of time and I should be more positive as ds was transverse even when I started to push but he turned and came out ok.

I just want this home birth so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now