Talk

Advanced search

Lulumama or anyone who may know!

(10 Posts)
missyhols Wed 05-Sep-07 18:20:14

Ok second baby and due next wk by my dates and scan but wk after by hospital. Had midwife today as my spd has been getting really painful and not sleeping etc been getting really down as I've been having lots of mini contractions but obviously not enough to kick off labour.
Baby is now engaged and the pains have picked up pace. I've got consultant apt on mon and if nothing has happened I'll have sweep.
What i want to know is with a 2nd can being dialated be a sign of labour?
Pains have picked up a bit to

missyhols Wed 05-Sep-07 18:33:04

Anyone? Midwife didn't think i'd last til monday and i'm on pineapple juice, hot curry's, sex, raspberry leaf tea etc

Think i'm just looking for some reassurance.

Peachy Wed 05-Sep-07 18:34:47

Dialting is the start of labour (well a good aprt of it!) so yes I guess so

Sounds like you're having a long latent phase- so when it kicks off (probably soon) it should be that per cent easier

missyhols Wed 05-Sep-07 18:40:21

Cheers peachy. Midwife said its norm to be 1 to 2 cms in subsequent so i'm just hoping it will kick start soon. I've got that feeling its the start but like you say a slow one. I've only just felt like packing my bag. Lol. Baby is super low from doppler hence spd being so painful.

missyhols Wed 05-Sep-07 19:39:48

lulumama Wed 05-Sep-07 19:41:26

pains picking up is more significant , as you are always a 1 -2 cm dilated after a birth

sounds like you are getting there, don;t be disheartened if it doesn;t happen in the next day or two , things are starting and you will be holding your baby soon

lisad123 Wed 05-Sep-07 19:43:29

Hi dont know if this helps but Im 35 weeks and mw was a little shocked to find baby engaged on sunday. According to her 2nd babys dont normally engage this just before labour or during...
My SPD has got really painful since shes engaged so you have my thoughts with you.
Hugs

missyhols Wed 05-Sep-07 19:48:37

Thanks lisa.

Lulumama the pains have def picked up and getting lots of tightenings etc. Also my cervix feels lots softer than yesterday but no idea on dialation etc. Trying not to look into it too much but fingers crossed.

lulumama Wed 05-Sep-07 19:49:20

sounds promising,

don;t stay up all night waiting, make sure you have a nice bath, and rest, and labour will wake you , if it starts in earnest

missyhols Wed 05-Sep-07 19:52:34

Just about to have my curry and then will have bath. Hubby on lates so I'll make most of having bit of space in bed after my bath and get early night it woke me up last time. I had long labour with dd so going to rest as much as i can next few days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now