Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone have any tips for easing backache, especially while at work.....................

(7 Posts)
GoodGollyMissMolly Wed 05-Sep-07 13:20:13

My back feels like it is breaking in two, I'm 30+2 and I fell over last saturday and still feeling sore.

I dont think I can sit at my desk any longer my back is killing me sad

Please, please give me some tips, I will try anything at this point.

TIA

3sEnough Wed 05-Sep-07 13:22:23

If you're still working and in great pain - tell HR, H&S advisor, tell boss and go home....it's that simple. You should also have had a risk assessment which will need to be updated following the fall/back injury. Go to the GP if you need to be certificated for more than a week ( I think)

flowerybeanbag Wed 05-Sep-07 13:25:09

what 3sEnough said. Don't be in pain at work especially when you are 30+2. Go home, see the doctor and see what they say about whether you should be even working at all, and if so, make sure when you get back to work that you have a proper thorough risk assessment, updated. Take care of yourself, work is not important.

GoodGollyMissMolly Wed 05-Sep-07 13:29:41

Thank you 3sEnough but I haven't had a risk assesment despite me putting at the end of my offical letter to company, 'I look forward to working with you to complete my risk assesment' hmm

I think my company are a bit too laid back sometimes, boss even asked me yesterday when I would be getting my MatB1, and I gave it to him nearly 6 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!! hmm

I'd feel awful if I went home though, plus I'd just end up having more work to come back to as no one picks up my work if I'm off.

GoodGollyMissMolly Wed 05-Sep-07 13:38:58

Thanks fbb, I've made an appointment with my GP for Friday (the earliest they could fit me in)

xx

mcnoodle Wed 05-Sep-07 13:42:04

YOGA!!!!

I had awful back pain at about 30 weeks. I took a week off work and had two private yoga sessions. It completely sorted out the back pain, and even if it didn't in your case, it's a positive thing to do.

GoodGollyMissMolly Wed 05-Sep-07 13:45:37

Mcnoodle, EXCELLENT idea, I hadn't thought of yoga, I used to do it a lot before I got pg, will I be able to do normal yoga or do I need to do one specifically for pg women?

I do go to aqu natal classes once a week, but go for a general swim about 4 times a week. I like feeling partially weightless grin so it's not like I completely unfit.
But my god my back is agony!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now