We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

wondering what feeling baby move feels like??

(12 Posts)
mieowcat Tue 04-Sep-07 21:31:33

i am 19 weeks pregnant, and keep wondering if i have felt baby move? i think i have as last few days it feels like some little flutters against the inside of my tummy - kind of like how a butterfly wings might feel on your skin. what did others babes feel like?

hermykne Tue 04-Sep-07 21:32:47

my dd was quite gentle , however ds it was a good prod.
dd didnt really move about until 5/6 mths
whereas ds (bigger ) around 4mths.

MrsBadger Tue 04-Sep-07 21:34:08

I mistook it for wind till about 19wks - felt like bubbling intestinal gas more than anything else

elesbells Tue 04-Sep-07 21:36:45

i think your feeling the baby move mieowcat. thats exactly how i described it, like a butterfly.

feels nice doesnt it smile

Mrswizz Wed 05-Sep-07 11:19:02

Yes, its like a fluttering. A bit like bubbles inside you (but you don't end up farting!)

kitsandbits Wed 05-Sep-07 11:20:00

My god! This thread has just made me so broody!!!

Biglips Wed 05-Sep-07 11:23:09

its totally surreal when i felt a tap next to my belly button - i was 22 weeks pg (After i had an urgument with DP, she must've of told me to shut up!! grin).

EmsMum Wed 05-Sep-07 11:26:32

yes, fluttering to start with. Nice but slightly weird.

Later on more like small internal footballer grin and VERY weird when you're lying in the bath and can actually see movement!

Scampynoodle Wed 05-Sep-07 11:53:20

Aye, sounds as if you are feeling the pup. Amazing isn't it? It's the first kick that's boggling too - it took me several seconds to register it. Then a few nights ago, awake in bed with my hand resting on my tum, it actually kicked my hand. I absolutely shit my pants. But it's cool now!

Sx

bluebell82 Wed 05-Sep-07 13:21:50

I asked exactly the same question a week ago when I was 19 weeks.. a week later and the can not be mistaken for anything else that a baby punch and kick!

moljam Wed 05-Sep-07 13:24:09

for me it was at first like fluttery feeling then gradually moved on to full on unmistakle kicks and punches etc!i want to be pregnant!

ScottishMummy Wed 05-Sep-07 13:25:50

initially like fluttery exam nerves/anxiety stomach later like being kicked by a buckeroo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now