Talk

Advanced search

Should I feel movement yet?

(7 Posts)
fido Tue 04-Sep-07 10:24:31

I'm 17 weeks with third baby and cann't feel any movement. I'm sure I felt last one sooner and I thought you were supposed to feel movement earlier with sucessive pregnancies. I know I am little more anxious this time round as had a mc at 11 weeks last year. Anyone else's experience would be welcome.
Fido

claraq Tue 04-Sep-07 10:33:57

Hi Fido - 17 weeks is still fairly early. A friend of mine is also pregnant with her third and didn't feel it until nearly 20 weeks. She was also panicking and I said I bet her placenta is anterior - lo and behold, so it was when she had her 20 weeks scan. This means the placenta will be cushioning the kicks, making it harder to feel.
Strangely though mine is at the front too but I feel my baby a LOT. However I think this is because I have a hyperactive little wriggler!
Anyway if you are really worried call the midwife and they might be able to reassure you and/or listen to the heartbeat.

Mumpbump Tue 04-Sep-07 10:35:34

Depends on the individual. I felt this one from around 11 weeks, much to my surprise, but I agree that it could be due to the location of the placenta. I guess you'll find out at your 20 week scan, but if you're really worried, I'd call you m/w and ask her if she can check for a heartbeat. Peace of mind is invaluable...

LilyLoo Tue 04-Sep-07 10:41:06

fido i am pg with my third ans was around 20 weeks when i could feel real movements too despite being earlier with pg no2

fido Tue 04-Sep-07 12:12:18

Thanks for your replies. I do actually have a mw appointment this afternoon and will mention it to her but from what I remember from last time 17 weeks is too early to hear heartbeat so not sure if I'll be reassured or not.

kelmcd Tue 04-Sep-07 12:14:38

it might take a little bit to find baby but you should be able to hear rthe baby's heartbeat, some people dont feel baby's movements til 22 weeks, all is perfectly normal

VictorVictoria Tue 04-Sep-07 12:14:48

I am nearly 19 weeks and only very very recently (last few days) have started feeling te occasional thing. This is later than with my firt pregnancy but I have an anterior placenta (revealed at 18 week scan last week)

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now