Talk

Advanced search

Chester maternity shopping

(9 Posts)
mamansnet Sat 15-Feb-20 06:16:24

Hi all,

I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks, temporary to begin with but may go permanent if it all works out. And they don't seem to mind that I'm pregnant! grin

All my old maternity clothes are jeans or denim skirts so not ideal for business wear. I'm not in the UK but will be visiting family near Chester in a couple of days' time. I know Cheshire Oaks well enough and there aren't any maternity shops there afaik. Is there anywhere in Chester where I could pick up a few bits?

Could potentially stretch to an afternoon in Liverpool if I had to, but it's much further afield and I don't have a huge amount of time. Otherwise could order online I suppose and have it delivered to my family before I arrive but again, no idea where to start besides Jojomamanbebe.

I used to love my trips to Mothercare, gutted it's gone.

Thanks in advance!

hellsbells99 Sat 15-Feb-20 07:27:01

There is Jo Maman Bébé on Bridge Street. Possibly H&M and Browns at Debenhams.

Persipan Sat 15-Feb-20 07:39:58

For ordering online, Asos have a lot of maternity stuff and Dorothy Perkins have a fair bit, too.

Lindor2828 Sat 15-Feb-20 08:04:27

There's only Jojo Maman Bebe I've found, I live in Chester. The H&M there doesn't even stock maternity! The H&M in Liverpool has a decent size range though. I've found hardly anywhere stocks maternity ranges in store anymore - you have to order online.

ChickenNugget86 Mon 17-Feb-20 00:38:13

Not had much luck getting things in Chester unless it's been click and collect.

Think you'd be better off going to Liverpool personally

StormDenise Mon 17-Feb-20 00:53:28

You're probably best phoning all the Chester stores that show they sell maternity online to see if they actually have it in their Chester stores. So off the top of my head you could try

Debenhams
Next
River island
New look

StormDenise Mon 17-Feb-20 00:56:31

Actually H&M in Chester do stock maternity- it's downstairs with the kids clothing.

bedtimeisthebesttime Mon 17-Feb-20 01:20:48

Your better off doing an order from next online. Cheaper and more choice. Take back what doesn't fit.

Lakedeal Mon 17-Feb-20 13:48:03

You should try the Preloved Maternity & Nursing clothes - UK Facebook group. I've got loads of work wear from there and has all been in really good condition. Seraphine dresses tend to go for about £15 and you could have them posted to your relatives.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »