Talk

Advanced search

What were your first signs of labour?

(4 Posts)
maria94 Fri 14-Feb-20 23:59:42

Almost 38 weeks and I am over analysing every tiny pain! I've been having lower back ache, period like cramps and nausea for the past couple of days but no sign of anything promising yet!

Would love to know what everyone else's first signs of labour were?

turnedabout Sat 15-Feb-20 00:07:21

Hey OP, how wonderful- your wee one will be here soon! you will get lots of answers as everyone experiences childbirth differently.
For me, my waters broke in the night, was very obvious that's what had happened. Then contractions started, they felt like a long pulse or long squeeze and last a minute.
At 38 weeks please have ur hospital bag packed, zipped and ready to go xx

Carrivekeeney Sat 15-Feb-20 00:25:14

I had very mild contractions approx. 8 mins. apart for a few hours and wasn’t sure, but then about two hours later my waters broke as I was on the loo - again, I wasn’t sure but got dressed and ready for the hospital and seemed as though every step I took there was a gushing feeling, so they defiantly had broken. I had a sweep approx. 5 hours before that, as it was my due date, and the midwife was surprised that I wasn’t having any feelings of labour considering I was 2cm D at that stage hmm - I’ll try to be more perceptive this time. Good luck with your last couple of weeks! So exciting

LatteLover12 Sat 15-Feb-20 08:33:14

I woke in the night with mild pains then lost my plug and had a bleed...it was still another 48 hours till I went into labour properly 🤦🏼‍♀️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »